You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

American owners are rubbish?

VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
edited March 2016 in The Football Corner
Cant think of any PL club that has progressed under American owners?

My Team - Villa - Totally destroyed by Lerner and his cronies.
Manure Utd - Going backwards.
Arsenal - Perennial under-achievers.
Liverpool - As above
Sunderland - Relegation with Villa?

Why can't they just stick to Rounders & Netball?

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    edited March 2016
    and now some american billionaire is trying to create a european super league and invited the big 5 for a meeting last week,apparently the only countries involved are england spain germany italy and france,what are the rest gonna think, the dutch the portugease the scots "ignore that last one ;) "
    its obv money driven catering for the asian and american tv markets...boring
    i say let them eat cake i certainly wont subscribe to it and i bet supporters of the big five wouldn,t be in favour of it too.
    apparently its gonna be a closed shop with no relegation but i may be wrong on that last bit
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: American owners are rubbish?:
    and now some american billionaire is trying to create a european super league and invited the big 5 for a meeting last week,apparently the only countries involved are england spain germany italy and france,what are the rest gonna think, the dutch the portugease the scots "ignore that last one ;) " its obv money driven catering for the asian and american tv markets...boring i say let them eat cake i certainly wont subscribe to it and i bet supporters of the big five wouldn,t be in favour of it too. apparently its gonna be a closed shop with no relegation but i may be wrong on that last bit
    Posted by stokefc
    Yep saw that too.
    Yanks trying to get in before the chinese buy everything.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited March 2016
    I may well get shot down by saying this but the Glaziers have been at Man United for around 10 years now, the issues are trying to replace the best manager of all time rather than owner related. 
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: American owners are rubbish?:
    I may well get shot down by saying this but the Glaziers have been at Man United for around 10 years now, the issues are trying to replace the best manager of all time rather than owner related. 
    Posted by MattBates
    Great owners would have had the foresight for such issues and acted accordingly?
  • Options
    ellroy84ellroy84 Member Posts: 174
    edited March 2016
    Vespa, you forgot Fulham.

Immediate relegation under Khans tenure, and worse since.