You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

good or bad laydown

weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
edited December 2021 in Strategy
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexxxSmall blind 100.00100.008050.00LargearceBig blind 200.00300.008347.50 Your hole cards109   weecheez1Call 200.00500.005052.50SIRCHRISFold    WUBBZY1401Fold    xxxRaise 300.00800.007750.00LargearceFold    weecheez1Call 200.001000.004852.50Flop  KAJ   xxxBet 600.001600.007150.00weecheez1Call 600.002200.004252.50Turn  10   xxxBet 600.002800.006550.00weecheez1Call 600.003400.003652.50River  9   xxxAll-in 6550.009950.000.00weecheez1Fold    xxxShow66   xxxWin 3400.00 3400.00xxx
Return 6550.000.009950.00

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016
    this was in tonights dtd1 and it threw me a wee bit i got bluffed but i think i done the right thing
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited March 2016
    More important than whether you made a good lay down is why are you limping utg with 910o. 
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,402
    edited March 2016
    Hi weec. 

Do you have a planned range of hands that you play in positions before you sit down , 
    Like a limping / raising / folding range ?

Or do you make your decision when it's your turn to act ?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: good or bad laydown:
    More important than whether you made a good lay down is why are you limping utg with 910o. 
    Posted by MattBates
    Yep fair comment sir
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Hi weec.  Do you have a planned range of hands that you play in positions before you sit down ,  Like a limping / raising / folding range ? Or do you make your decision when it's your turn to act ?
    Posted by mumsie
    I'm afraid it's go with the gut 
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited March 2016
    this was in tonights dtd1 and it threw me a wee bit i got bluffed but i think i done the right thing
    Posted by weecheez1

You should have folded it preflop because your out of position unlikely to make top pair and won't get much luck with a semi bluff attempt using a straight draw.

onto the hand as played
    you had to lay it down, the opponent has been give the chance to open raise and will have a Q if not stronger two pair or set in the general poker game, the only thing you're beating is a gambler.

you shouldn't have called the flop itself because the straight out is a very easy one to see meaning you'll get lack of value. It's still not awarding correct odds when combined with the hope of getting a heart as a bluff plus this board will still get a number a good number of two pairs and sets call if the heart were to come on the turn.

It's another one of them spots where you've chose to limp call meaning the opponent is given control and can attempt to rep a strong hand all you can do is play the guessing game. Ragyy Qxo aren't as common as Kxo and Axo meaning he's got a lower risk in attempting to bluff and should work in the lon run from all the Ax Kx and weak 2 pairs you might have. His stack itself is a great one too and still be left with over 10BB.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: good or bad laydown : You should have folded it preflop because your out of position unlikely to make top pair and won't get much luck with a semi bluff attempt using a straight draw. onto the hand as played you had to lay it down, the opponent has been give the chance to open raise and will have a Q if not stronger two pair or set in the general poker game, the only thing you're beating is a gambler. you shouldn't have called the flop itself because the straight out is a very easy one to see meaning you'll get lack of value. It's still not awarding correct odds when combined with the hope of getting a heart as a bluff plus this board will still get a number a good number of two pairs and sets call if the heart were to come on the turn. It's another one of them spots where you've chose to limp call meaning the opponent is given control and can attempt to rep a strong hand all you can do is play the guessing game. Ragyy Qxo aren't as common as Kxo and Axo meaning he's got a lower risk in attempting to bluff and should work in the lon run from all the Ax Kx and weak 2 pairs you might have. His stack itself is a great one too and still be left with over 10BB.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Thanks Craig part of the problem was I had four tables running which is  not really a good idea for me so all of my desisions were under pressure multi tabling is a skill on its own but I think you have got to have a go I am going to list my bad habbits and try and change them as I go onwards and upwards don't laugh but my aim is to be playing in the main and mini regularly by the end of the year
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: good or bad laydown : Thanks Craig part of the problem was I had four tables running which is  not really a good idea for me so all of my desisions were under pressure multi tabling is a skill on its own but I think you have got to have a go I am going to list my bad habbits and try and change them as I go onwards and upwards don't laugh but my aim is to be playing in the main and mini regularly by the end of the year
    Posted by weecheez1

Multi tabling is much harder on MTTs than cash. I play as many as 6 cash tables every day because i'm allowed to sit and wait without a servere risk of chip drainage and know i'll get good value even when they do come plus on the higher stakes I'd have th same sort of players sharing all my tables.

MTTs need your full concentration right from the start. You've got to play looser otherwise you'll see a chipstack drained away. The best way to do that is using the button because you'll be last you'll act and will be able to know whats best based on his previous actions.

3 tables is the maximum I play. i might have 5 if i've qualified into the main event on monday. All i do here is put DTDs to one side whilst the real focus is put on main and mini.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: good or bad laydown : Multi tabling is much harder on MTTs than cash. I play as many as 6 cash tables every day because i'm allowed to sit and wait without a servere risk of chip drainage and know i'll get good value even when they do come plus on the higher stakes I'd have th same sort of players sharing all my tables. MTTs need your full concentration right from the start. You've got to play looser otherwise you'll see a chipstack drained away. The best way to do that is using the button because you'll be last you'll act and will be able to know whats best based on his previous actions. 3 tables is the maximum I play. i might have 5 if i've qualified into the main event on monday. All i do here is put DTDs to one side whilst the real focus is put on main and mini.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Yep the only reason I was multi tabling was because of the DTD I look at it as fun to try and if I cash it's a bonus five pounds for an evenings entertainment is OK not even two pints if you go out 
  • Options
    railtard11railtard11 Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: good or bad laydown : Yep the only reason I was multi tabling was because of the DTD I look at it as fun to try and if I cash it's a bonus five pounds for an evenings entertainment is OK not even two pints if you go out 
    Posted by weecheez1

Superbly put, poker is a great game and is fun, plus like u say its cheaper than going out!

If you would like some advice mate then id say as a rule, just come in raising. You wont go too far wrong by following that simple rule. If ur first in the pot, definately come in with an aggressive action. You give yourself the chance to win the blinds, but also u win the pot way more often.

Lets say you raise T9o. The sb would just call with 66 (i strongly assume). You can then "C-bet" (continuation bet) the flop for any amount u choose, somewhere between 30-60% of the pot would be deemed standard, and your going to win, so u end up doing the bluffing on the flop, rather than him bluffing you in the end.

As played its a really tough river call, but ur actually losing to specifically a straight, so worse 2 pairs / sets shouldnt be a concern. 
    Im afraid when it comes down to knowing if he has got a queen or not, no matter how much startegy or logic you put into it, ultimately were still using some guess work.

Best of luck in future
  • Options
    delboy21delboy21 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: good or bad laydown : Yep fair comment sir
    Posted by weecheez1
    i think it was a good lay down but if may of seen  check when a flush or striaght was on the board before and might of got a slight read 

• Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited March 2016
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    MilitantGSmall blind 50.0050.002660.00
    JACKALLYBig blind 100.00150.003442.50
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

FreshFishFold    
    jRaise 300.00450.003317.50
    GSmith13Fold    
    MICKYBLUERaise 700.001150.003917.50
    MilitantGFold    
    JACKALLYFold    
    jCall 400.001550.002917.50
    Flop

• Q

jCheck    
    MICKYBLUEBet 775.002325.003142.50
    jCall 775.003100.002142.50
    Turn

• K

jCheck    
    MICKYBLUECheck    
    River

jAll-in 2142.505242.500.00
    MICKYBLUEFold    
     Muck    
    jWin 3100.00 3100.00
    jReturn 2142.500.005242.50
    villian here in chatbox after hannd said he was good, i ended up coming 3rd in this and very happy with my play overall but would like to know others views on this thanks

ps villian pretty loose
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited March 2016
    It looks to me like you played it well Micky. The only possible things for debate is whether to do anything on the turn (I personally most of the time wouldn't on this board). If you bet around 800 on the turn it would look weak and invite a shove which I am guessing your folding as he may think you are committed so I doubt you would  be ahead to his shove. You could shove the turn yourself but your getting no value out of it on that board, your shove is basically a bluff.

The board also hit the majority of his range so it is really hard to see what you are beating here.

So yup, well played IMO
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited March 2016
    was exactly my thinking marky

if i bet the turn then all would of ended up in and i really wanted a seat in the ukops main.

this was the freeroll btw which im shocked at me folding  let alone aa lol

thanks for your reply