You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky, I want a refund!

FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
I want a refund!!*

I was being filmed for Total Player last night playing on the tables for 5 or 10 minutes, when just as the camera man said ok you can stop now I got delt AK. Playing 25p/50p I raised to £2. The player next to me re-raised to £12, everyone else folds, I said to the camera man, he hasn't got AA or KK the raise it too much, so hopefully he had AQ, AJ and is trying it on, if not we are racing, so I went all in. He dwelled up for a while before calling with the monster that is 10,8 o/s. WHAT!?! We both said... Flop 6,7,9!!! Go all in with junk and flop the nuts, ill never master this game. So if you would be so kind as to refund me the £39 I lost in that hand while being forced to play by sky with my own money would be much appreciated.

* I'm only joking these things happen but was just funny the circumstances that it happened in. :-)

Comments

• Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Sky, I want a refund!:
    I want a refund!!*   I was being filmed for Total Player last night playing on the tables for 5 or 10 minutes, when just as the camera man said ok you can stop now I got delt AK. Playing 25p/50p I raised to £2. The player next to me re-raised to £12, everyone else folds, I said to the camera man, he hasn't got AA or KK the raise it too much, so hopefully he had AQ, AJ and is trying it on, if not we are racing, so I went all in. He dwelled up for a while before calling with the monster that is 10,8 o/s. WHAT!?! We both said... Flop 6,7,9!!! Go all in with junk and flop the nuts, ill never master this game. So if you would be so kind as to refund me the £39 I lost in that hand while being forced to play by sky with my own money would be much appreciated.   * I'm only joking these things happen but was just funny the circumstances that it happened in. :-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Dear Mr Flashflush.
    Thank you for contacting customer services, unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control (ie 10,8os) and the fact that you had pushed the all-in button before this problem arose, we are unable to offer you a refund on this occasion.

Regards
    Customer Services
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky, I want a refund!:
    In Response to Sky, I want a refund! : Dear Mr Flashflush. Thank you for contacting customer services, unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control (ie 10,8os) and the fact that you had pushed the all-in button before this problem arose, we are unable to offer you a refund on this occasion. Regards Customer Services
    Posted by POKERTREV
    That can't be customer services I think you are making it up. If it was customer services they would of told me to clear my cache and ask me what computer im using.
  • Options
    boylebagboylebag Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2010
    what do you mean filmed for total player, not that id actually want to get filmed. What happened etc.
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited February 2010
    I offer my deepest, most heartfelt MUAHAHA

ul
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    what do you mean filmed for total player, not that id actually want to get filmed. What happened etc.
    Posted by boylebag
    Did you not do an interview at your home? He did say he didn't have time to go round everyone so maybe he missed you out. Its just the regular Sky questions, whats your name etc etc.. you will see clips of it on Saturdays show. They wanted to have clips of me playing when that happened lololol

Goodluck saturday
  • Options
    LMLLML Member Posts: 1,708
    edited February 2010

Dear Mr FlashFlush

Thank you for your query.

Unfortunately AK against 10,8os is 'just asking for it'. If however you had 56p in the pot and had had AJ then obviously we would be much more sympathetic to your request. 

It is common knowledge here at Sky Poker that Ace Jack is the nuts.

A refund in this instance in denied.

We do however have a Mallard, an oversized Blue jumper or Orfords car going spare?

Warm Regards.

Sky Customer services.

• Options
    boylebagboylebag Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2010
    haha thats quality!, im back at uni in newcastle, so there probably still using my home number and cant get through to me even tho i updated my info to include my mobile no. but whatever. Yeah cheers, good luck saturday also. Hope they got some sick action shots.