You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

bankrole managment

addo07addo07 Member Posts: 97
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
hi tk say if i have a 50 quid bankrole what levels should i be playing ???

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited February 2010
    hey there,

if you want to get tikay directly, you're probably best asking your question in this thread.

cheers
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited February 2010
    Hi, if you're looking to build it 'safely' and not keep depositing more then many of us work on a 5% buy-in rule (or even 2% for MTT). So with £50 you'll be playing the £2.25 DYM for example and no cash until you get to £80.

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: bankrole managment:
    Hi, if you're looking to build it 'safely' and not keep depositing more then many of us work on a 5% buy-in rule (or even 2% for MTT). So with £50 you'll be playing the £2.25 DYM for example and no cash until you get to £80.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Na i say get on the cash tables 1st but only 2p/4p stakes - i normally put down £4 at a time on this level
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited February 2010
    I should explain more my "no cash until you get to £80" advice.

It's based on joining the table with 100BB, or £4.00 at 0.02/0.04 level - the smallest level on Sky Poker - AND sticking within the 5% rule.

• Options
    edited February 2010
    thanks because as u sed no cash until 80 i put 10 pound in a 5 10p levels the other day an had aces an made a big laydown on the turn on a pretty dry board i just had a feelin some1 had a set ! is this scared poker ????
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I should explain more my "no cash until you get to £80" advice. It's based on joining the table with 100BB, or £4.00 at 0.02/0.04 level - the smallest level on Sky Poker - AND sticking within the 5% rule.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    lol nosey, with £50 he gotta go over a little, and anyway who made up this stupid rule, Arnold Rim mer - Space corps poker strategies clearly state .......... lool.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010

Id go NL10, thats 5 buy buy ins you have at 100bb's.

Its easy to game select tournys with that bankroll coz there aint much choice, especially through the day, Id be more cautious with tournys though, need to be lucky to win em ;)

GL, DOHH
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thanks because as u sed no cash until 80 i put 10 pound in a 5 10p levels the other day an had aces an made a big laydown on the turn on a pretty dry board i just had a feelin some1 had a set ! is this scared poker ????
    Posted by addo07
    This realy too high if you only have £50 and as for folding pocket aces to a dry board - what you waiting for, quads? so yes you are playing scared imo, drop down to the lowest stakes with £4 like i said, no more
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    nice 1 4 the comments ! the thing was he was tight as a rock an was bettin at it so strongly as i couldnt put him on 2 pair the only thing i could put him on was a set !
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited February 2010
    post the hand history...