You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

mid level tourney stratergey

Gaz680Gaz680 Member Posts: 134
edited December 2021 in Strategy
iv recently swiched from playing mid level sit and goes to small rebuy tourneys to try to improve my game. my main problem is im playin£2.20/5.50 rebuys at the moment, im geting to the ad on stage with an above average stack ok, for instance last week i was second third fith and six finishes i managed to win a cople of months ago, i usualy reby at the start and manage a al in double up within the first half hour, when i get to the adon break im usualy in a good position but should i continue my style iv been told is tight and agressive ,i have my hand ranges sorted but tend to lose focus after a hour or sos play,do i continue n look for spots or  steady as she gos,i see playes play far to many hands with junk n my ranges are prety tight, the tourney were i was second i was actualy in the last three with a healthy chip lead only to lose conection by the time i reconected id lost 150,00 chip in blinds!! were 40,000 ,20,000 iv noticed the same players playing reguarly and taken notes how they play, i managed five final tables in a row but feel that extra steps needed any advice and tips would be welcom from you regular mtt players

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited May 2016
    I find I do ok in MTTs, until I run into full houses 5 hands in a row.

You might get a reply from someone more forgiving (and much better!), but that ain't me.
  • Options
    Gaz680Gaz680 Member Posts: 134
    edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: mid level tourney stratergey:
    I find I do ok in MTTs, until I run into full houses 5 hands in a row. You might get a reply from someone more forgiving (and much better!), but that ain't me.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    shows you dont read properley i said the first five hands were won by full houses not i ran into full houses five in a row i got dealt the same hand five times
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    edited May 2016
    just so you are aware the odds of getting pocket aces is over 1 in ten million (not the same suits)

the odds of getting the same cards with same suits 5 times in a row would genuinely be in the trillions if not more.... If you show me proof you will be my hero... but it will never happen
  • Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited May 2016
    Hi Gaz

Some of the better known players know this better than me - but some would say calling 30bb shove with Q8 pre is pretty optimal as money is up top.

In all honoesty - if you start one post talking funny stuff - is very hard to get a genuine response next day - I suggest asking the question on another forum if want a genuine answer this time round.

Gl at the tables
  • Options
    raggy94raggy94 Member Posts: 149
    edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: mid level tourney stratergey:
    Hi Gaz Some of the better known players know this better than me - but some would say calling 30bb shove with Q8 pre is pretty optimal as money is up top. In all honoesty - if you start one post talking funny stuff - is very hard to get a genuine response next day - I suggest asking the question on another forum if want a genuine answer this time round. Gl at the tables
    Posted by Nuggy962

You shouldn't really revise history to better support an argument. There is a big difference between a person calling a 30bb open shove and 4 bet bluffing 60% of his stack, maybe as some sort of level(?), with the intention of calling off the rest getting 5/1 pot odds. For the latter to be a truly terrible play it kind of pre-supposes that your 3 bet range is quite a bit to tight/ face up imo.