You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

question about stack sizes

weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,679
edited June 2016 in Strategy
as i have mentioned in previous posts i dont play much cash
earlier i thought i would give the spin ups a wee try one of the gentlemen sat down with 69 pence and proceeded to top up with differant stakes 60p 80p £1 and it went on like that i have seen this gent doing this before my question is this a good strategy  or is it better to start with the max in case you hit a hand early

Comments

• shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited June 2016
    I can't see how that can ever be a good strategy at spin-ups... although many would argue that sitting with any amount at spin-ups is a bad strategy :)

I can buy in to playing a short-stack strategy at full stack tables (think it's a good way for newcomers to learn the basics), but see no way it can ever be a good idea at 10bb buy-in games!
  • weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,679
    edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: question about stack sizes:
    I can't see how that can ever be a good strategy at spin-ups... although many would argue that sitting with any amount at spin-ups is a bad strategy :) I can buy in to playing a short-stack strategy at full stack tables (think it's a good way for newcomers to learn the basics), but see no way it can ever be a good idea at 10bb buy-in games!
    Posted by shakinaces
    Thanks shakinaces I am still not sure it's a good idea I am going to try a bit more cash but it will only be at 2p  4p to get the feel of things I read it's a differance game than tournament poker so we will see how it goes (no more spin ups ) 
  • ALTiltYouALTiltYou Member Posts: 174
    edited June 2016
    yeah i mean, if you are confident about your game i do not see why you would be wanting to start with a lower stack especially in a spin up. The spin ups get easier the bigger stack you got on them, and although i do reg the 0.50/1 spinups the swings are sick and it is possible you could see your bankroll drop at a hugh rate fast, so i defiantly recommend sitting 100bb deep in a standard cash game vs fish :)
  • ALTiltYouALTiltYou Member Posts: 174
    edited June 2016
    yeah i mean, if you are confident about your game i do not see why you would be wanting to start with a lower stack especially in a spin up. The spin ups get easier the bigger stack you got on them, and although i do reg the 0.50/1 spinups the swings are sick and it is possible you could see your bankroll drop at a hugh rate fast, so i defiantly recommend sitting 100bb deep in a standard cash game vs fish :)