You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

MTT Bubble Play

The_eggsThe_eggs Member Posts: 57
edited December 2021 in Strategy
Hi all,

I was hoping if some of the Sky Poker forum members would be able to offer me any advice on playing aggressivly on the bubble of a MTT.

I am trying to beat the low stakes BH on Sky and doing ok. I feel I can recognise the infliction points in the tournaments as they progress and I know I am stronger in the early and late stages but am missing out on taking advantage of the bubble in a way I should.

I have reasoned sometimes this comes down to the table I am playing on and if I have someone  passive in my blinds I will obviously try to take advantage, another adjustment is that if I am to the right of somebody aggresive and I can resteal quite wide.

I have a bit of plan for 10bb-15bb, 15-25bb, 25bb+ stack sizes but would welcome as much and any advice some of you guys have on the matter.

Thx

The eggs

Comments

• Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited August 2016
    Our bubble play should be an adjustment to our opponents and our stack size. There's no point trying to push ICM vs a player who doesnt understand it and is just gonna call you super wide anyway. 
    Just because we have a stack doesn't mean we have to force aggression if it's not a good time to do so. Having general ideas of what your going to do is good but we should always adapt to the table we're at.

• Options
    The_eggsThe_eggs Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2016
    Thanks Groggy,

Really appreciate your response.