You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Online Poker Back In The U.S

jamstawickjamstawick Member Posts: 52
edited August 2016 in Chat with Channing
Hi, do you think that online poker will ever be as a whole in the US again?

Would Skypoker ever consider opening up to other country markets to get more players?

thanks and GL Neil!

Comments

• Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    edited August 2016

As someone who has gambled all his life I would say that one thing I've learned is that if something is possible, however unlikely it may seem, it can happen.

I would say that with America being completely skint and the huge tax revenues online poker can bring it would have happened by now if the country wasn't so complicated by being a federal state. I see that Stars are busy blocking it in California right now because they are being told they can't be allowed in straight away. I'm sure lots of lawyers will have made millions before it ever happens but it will happen.

As for Sky I would say one of the main strengths is a very strong brand name. People play here because they have satellite TV, internet and they've tried sports betting and they know they can trust the brand and are very happy leaving money on the site and knowing the games are fair and the customer service will treat them well. If they allowed customers from Vladivostock they might not do so well as those people may not be so familiar with all the other great things they can get from Sky.

I'm sure if they were allowed to focus on extra markets in Europe they would but I'm not sure June 23rd makes that any easier.

Interesting question. Thanks.