You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

PLAY THE PRESENTER- THE ORFORD EDITION

RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Evening all,

Yes, I'm your PTP bod for tonight.

My mission statement is to play the main event Double Stack tonight, which kicks off at 8pm and have at least one 10-seater cash table on the go throughout the night at 10p/20p.

In the unlikely event that I bust out of the 8pm before say, midnight then I'll have 2 cash tables on the go.

Come and join me to say hello or take my chips. Or both.

BLATANT BRAG ALERT!

Word of warning- Over the last 8 days, in 2 consecutive 1400 runner events I've come 4th and 12th. 

Yes, call the fire brigade! And tell them that this time it's NOT to put out Tikay's birthday candles...

;)

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,220
    edited February 2010

Ooh, Hi Rich. I've been worried about you - not seen you all day.
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited February 2010
    Rich if your poker is as good as your humor you are gonna be one sick player :-D
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited February 2010
    Take to the cleaners Rich!!

Congrats on ur recent mtt runs.

I'll try and pop by to say hello later.........unless u wanna sit on .25/.50 and then u can be part of my TP challenge criteria! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok- I've sat down on Stanraer 10p/20p. 

Hope to see you there!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PLAY THE PRESENTER- THE ORFORD EDITION:
    Ooh, Hi Rich. I've been worried about you - not seen you all day.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's because I'm not actually a resident at the nursing home, Tikay. You only see me during visiting hours.

And don't play all innocent- I know exactly what this is...a rubdown for TKO.

Well, I'm above such pettiness.

PS- You smell.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Take to the cleaners Rich!! Congrats on ur recent mtt runs. I'll try and pop by to say hello later.........unless u wanna sit on .25/.50 and then u can be part of my TP challenge criteria! :)
    Posted by phil12uk

Cheers Phil, good luck tonight! Looks like the Team Tuckman challenge is finely poised on the final night... 
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rich if your poker is as good as your humor you are gonna be one sick player :-D
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Ty James, I don't know about my humour but certainly my poker normally makes people laugh!

Congrats on making the TP 9 btw

:)
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: PLAY THE PRESENTER- THE ORFORD EDITION : Ty James, I don't know about my humour but certainly my poker normally makes people laugh! Congrats on making the TP 9 btw :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Ur definitely a funny guy! U and Tikay had my whole family in stitches lol! Thanks m8 gl tonight :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Half time report:

Started on Stanraer 10p/20p at 7pm with £20

Left at 9pm with £52

And still in the 8pm Double Stack MTT- 134th/167
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,220
    edited February 2010
    Half time report: Started on Stanraer 10p/20p at 7pm with £20 Left at 9pm with £52 And still in the 8pm Double Stack MTT- 134th/167
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    OK, own up - who's hacked Orford's Account?

PS - Nice one, Rich.
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited February 2010
    Hmmmm...This is what happens when you knowingly, willingly and wantonly (and without authourisation) change the PTP name from STRIKE IT RICH to THE ORFORD EDITION!!

I think we should get SKY_LING to investigate...

Nice result anyway, now if you can just keep hold of the cash you'll be a RICHER man by midnight :o)

x
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Finished 61st in the Open tonight. 

21 off the money but no complaints, I was nursing a short-stack all the way through the tournament!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OK- I'm now on Brechin- a 10p/20p ten seater cash table.

Come and give me a game!

Search for RICHORFORD
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OK- final report on the evening's festivities...

2nd session on my 10p/20p table yielded a profit of £1.48 which is actually a jackpot amount considering within a couple of minutes of sitting down, Tikay arrived to 'anti'-rail me and tilted me badly. 

I was down to just a few quid quite quickly (oo, 3 words in succession beginning with 'qu') and had a mountain to climb just to get back to my starting stack.

I even topped up at one point to my full maximum buy-in. So to walk away with all my money AND enough to buy a newspaper and a Mars Bar is a bonus.

I also notice for all Tikay's abusive railing, he didn't have the stomach/bravery/bankroll to sit down at one of the spare seats and actually play me. I think he's beginning to get a little scared at the prospect at what might happen.

So overall- 21 places shy of the cash in the 8pm MTT (which cost me £11) and a total profit of 33.50 on the cash tables.

FINAL PROFIT THEN- £22.50

Happy enough with that :)

Thanks to everyone who played and chatted to me this evening.
  • Options
    rossjb14rossjb14 Member Posts: 700
    edited February 2010
    OK- final report on the evening's festivities... 2nd session on my 10p/20p table yielded a profit of £1.48 which is actually a jackpot amount considering within a couple of minutes of sitting down, Tikay arrived to 'anti'-rail me and tilted me badly.  I was down to just a few quid quite quickly (oo, 3 words in succession beginning with 'qu') and had a mountain to climb just to get back to my starting stack. I even topped up at one point to my full maximum buy-in. So to walk away with all my money AND enough to buy a newspaper and a Mars Bar is a bonus. I also notice for all Tikay's abusive railing, he didn't have the stomach/bravery/bankroll to sit down at one of the spare seats and actually play me. I think he's beginning to get a little scared at the prospect at what might happen. So overall- 21 places shy of the cash in the 8pm MTT (which cost me £11) and a total profit of 33.50 on the cash tables. FINAL PROFIT THEN- £22.50 Happy enough with that :) Thanks to everyone who played and chatted to me this evening.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Richard Orford for Total Player - nuff said
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    Well played Rich, now let's go get Team OLD!!!!!!!

By the way, I totally PWNED the play money tables tonight!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ty chaps.

Hmm, will anyone notice this Saturday if, as I read out the 3 names of the players going through to the next round of Total Player, I just add my own under my breath at the end?

And then surely, by the letter of the law, I'll HAVE to be put through to the next round. Why? Because the bloke off the TV announced it!!! That's a verbal contract, right?

Now all I've got to do is check the terms and conditions about employees being allowed to enter...

Dammit, this might just work...
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited February 2010
    Rich, you're the Official Writerer Down of Winners Names, how easy is that for you to fix!