You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What does "Playing Correctly" mean??

GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
edited September 2016 in Chat with Channing
OH and I was impressed with your ambassadorial (is that even a real word?) skills!
Was sure you would ladder UL

pad

Comments

• Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    edited September 2016

Hi Glen...we played in the Roller a couple of weeks ago right? I certainly always attempt to start a conversation on every table...I always have done since I first played online poker 16 years ago. Obviously it's hard for people to chat a lot when they are multi-tabling but I definitely see it as a really important part of being the Ambassador.

For those that weren't there I bust on the bubble...pretty standard blind on blind spot where everyone played their hand the way they should have and I had no regrets and had forgotten about it within one minute.

I made the comment about playing correctly to gently rib the guy who was commenting on me limping the button, my bet-sizing etc and calling me old-skool. It wasn't you was it? I have spent many years attempting to preach that players should never educate or berate at the table and generally talking strategy or using poker-jargon is bad too. I always call it out when I see it but that time I was doing it in a fairly light and sarcastic way (I hope). I was just saying try to play well enough to not be criticised by the poker police.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: What does "Playing Correctly" mean??:
     Hi Glen...we played in the Roller a couple of weeks ago right? I certainly always attempt to start a conversation on every table...I always have done since I first played online poker 16 years ago. Obviously it's hard for people to chat a lot when they are multi-tabling but I definitely see it as a really important part of being the Ambassador.  For those that weren't there I bust on the bubble...pretty standard blind on blind spot where everyone played their hand the way they should have and I had no regrets and had forgotten about it within one minute.  I made the comment about playing correctly to gently rib the guy who was commenting on me limping the button, my bet-sizing etc and calling me old-skool. It wasn't you was it? I have spent many years attempting to preach that players should never educate or berate at the table and generally talking strategy or using poker-jargon is bad too. I always call it out when I see it but that time I was doing it in a fairly light and sarcastic way (I hope). I was just saying try to play well enough to not be criticised by the poker police.
    Posted by NChanning

No it wasn't me. I obvs missed your comment, but  arrived on the table when the player started berating you!  I thought you handled it perfectly, hence the "ambo" comment