You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How do you win a freeroll?

AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
I have entered a few freerolls lately with roughly a thousand players but i think the most success that i have had is about 130th lol. I am not the best or worst player but cant really seem to get tactics right.

Is it best to go like the clappers with any good hole cards early on, or is luck a massive part of it and just to keep perceivering until one time i cant go wrong.

I have been playing my normal tightish game and doubling my stack until bb is 800 or so then i tend to get forced all in and get knocked out.

Does anyone out there regularly do well in these and could please advise me? How many chips do players normally have on the final table? I just divide the total chip ammount by six roughly in my head and then try to set targets. Is that a good tactic.

Please help because i am running out of poker points fast lol.

Comments

• Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited February 2010
    well the only big mtt win ive had was a freeroll with 1280 starting.

as its a freeroll you get a lot of mad all ins early on with people trying to double up quickly.

dont bother getting involved with them unless you have the nuts.

i just played as tight as i could and got lucky at the end!!!

the thing is its going to be hard to finish high in these consistantly as there are so many people playing from the start.
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited February 2010
    Just try and limp in with good drawing hands suited connectors, small pairs early on. Any big hands could be worth just limping in and tryin to hit as raising won't have much effect.

When you say you get forced to go all-in at 400/800 level this is the norm for majority of field so just pick your spots carefully, if your on sb go in with any two in an unraised pot, this applys to button aswell. Be careful of going in against big or short stacks as they will call light.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited February 2010
    Dont forget that in normal games, it is usually at least 1 in 10 that get paid. In freerolls on here with tourney entries its more like 1 in 100, so the odds are really stacked against you, what you really need is some luck in the early stages, some luck in the middle stages, and even more luck in the later stages, so good luck lol
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited February 2010
    How do you win a freeroll? easy, you get VERY VERY Lucky, you win every race and the gods smile down on you for at least 80% of the game
  • Options
    Mr_MiyagiMr_Miyagi Member Posts: 2,031
    edited February 2010
    You need to go all in and get called when you have a dominent hand around 7-8 times and win.

then when you make it to the later stages it is about poker.
  • Options
    AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How do you win a freeroll?:
    How do you win a freeroll? easy, you get VERY VERY Lucky, you win every race and the gods smile down on you for at least 80% of the game
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    LOL, Thanks for that and thanks to everyone who posts me some advice. Very much appreciated.