You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Working out your winrate

OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Most of us know, there is no tracking software available to use with sky.

Ive tried working out a winrate based on a couple of calculations from cash for points bonus.

I`m no maths expert so would like to hear from anyone who is, so they can pull this apart for me or adjust it to make it more accurate.

Here goes, and lets take these figures as hypothetical.

game - nl20
points earned for month - 3000
profit for month - £250.

So first of all, nl20 gives us 5pts for every 20 raked hands.

so  3000/5 = 600

600 x 20 = 12000 hands played (?)

£250 / 12000 hnds  = 0.02p per hand.

0.02 x 100 =   £2 per 100 hands.

So expressing this into BB/100 hands at nl20 is        10 big blinds / 100 hands.......or 5ptbb/100.

Actually, Ive just confused myself here, but if Mere Novice or anyone else wants to get their teeth into it, please do.

( I understand, cash for points points will only be counted where rake has been taken, so a flop must be seen, so maybe all this would be more accurate at lower stake levels as there is obv a lot more flops seen)

Comments

• Options
    cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited February 2010

hands played figure is incorrect i think.  12000 raked hands = anything between 16000 and 60000 actual hands depending on the table

• Options
    edited February 2010
    I actually used to go through every session and count the number of hands when i was keeping upergeek stats on my play..... i've suggested to sky on more than 1 occasion that putting a number of hands played for each session in 'my account' stats shouldn't be too difficult.  No luck there tho :/
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited February 2010
    Your maths is correct.

There are a couple of issues about the CFP scheme though.
    1. As you say, you only get points for raked hands so the actual number of hands played could fluctuate enormously depending on the table.
    2. If you play 19 raked hands in one session and 19 raked hands in another session, you get zero CFP points as far as I understand it.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Working out your winrate:
    I actually used to go through every session and count the number of hands when i was keeping upergeek stats on my play..... i've suggested to sky on more than 1 occasion that putting a number of hands played for each session in 'my account' stats shouldn't be too difficult.  No luck there tho :/
    Posted by cottlad
    You need to get out more lol (are you married?) or you may have that compulsive disorder from that cop show Monk.
  • Options
    richtearichtea Member Posts: 143
    edited February 2010
     If you play 19 raked hands in one session and 19 raked hands in another session, you get zero CFP points as far as I understand it.
    Posted by MereNovice

This was brought up a while back and i checked on my hand history to see if it was the case. It isn't. Say you played 19 raked hands in a session at nl20 you would get 4 points, and the extra point would be given with the next raked hand you played in the next session.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yup this was lobbied for and changed recently
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Working out your winrate:
    Posted by cottlad

how on earth did you manage to keep that up.  i take it you werent multitabling.  You are right, it wouldnt take much for sky to let you know the number of hands played
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I used to do it after the sessions by going to 'my account' and then looking up all the tables played since last count.... then click on 'hand history' and then counting each individual hand.  I was deffo more of a stats nerd then and used to compile graphs and charts etc.  Now i'm just a nerd :)
  • Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited February 2010
    To be honest its alot of work, i did try something very basic but every time i reloaded in cash or rebuy in tounrys id forget and it just didnt work out. I got Holdem manger(i play anither site) and it realy does anything you need and more id suggest that but if your loyal to sky it wont work.

Also if you want to know your bb win rate you would need a much larger sample size then a months play.
  • Options
    TRU3BRUTRU3BRU Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    there is a free site called check your bets which shows your winrate in cash per hour/BB per hour etc, you just input your figures at the end of each session, very easy way to keep track of everything