You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker

MacGregor7MacGregor7 Member Posts: 5
edited April 2017 in Chat with Channing
Too many unnatural bad beats happen via Sky Poker....it's a con admit it.

Comments

  • rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Sky Poker:
    Too many unnatural bad beats happen via Sky Poker....it's a con admit it.
    Posted by MacGregor7
    SSSHHH dont tell everyone

  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Sky Poker:
    Too many unnatural bad beats happen via Sky Poker....it's a con admit it.
    Posted by MacGregor7

    Nah quite simply it's Poker it happens everywhere
  • NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 838
    edited September 2016

     Hi MacGregor,

     It sounds like you are quite new to poker so let me welcome you to a game that can be great fun but also immensely frustrating and to a site where some of the players really are awful, (some are excellent and play professionally).

     

    There is one little bit of advice I could give you it's this: if you locate a site which is full of bad players the worst decision you could ever make is to leave it - especially if it's because you feel you are only losing to these 'fish' because of their 'bad play'. There are a lot of points in poker that are open to debate, but here is a statement that is 100% FACT: In the long run, akin to the tale of the Tortoise and the Hare - Skill will outrun luck, and the fish will eventually always lose. The waters can get pretty rough out there but if you're a captain worth your salt, you can outride the storm and find easy waters where the net will overflow.

    I would warn you from the outset though, just so that we don't have a problem with it in the future. People are getting bad beats on Sky Poker every single day, just as they are on Pokerstars and Party. I'm certain the software isn't rigged but I know for a fact that 80% chances lose 20% of the time and even 99% chances lose 1% of the time.

    As players we need to reach a state where these bad beats have absolutely zero effect on us. We know we are going to win in the long run and that these are just part of the game. We should be actually smiling and thinking how great it is that people put their money in so far behind. If they didn't do that and they were never allowed to win, there would certainly be no professional poker players.

    It's how we react to the beats and how they effect us that matters in the long run.

    Don't even think about them.

  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited September 2016
    ^^^All great advice and I know you mean it and back it up in how you approach the game.

    Is it not just a tad ironic that you made your name in the game as Neil "bad beat" Channing?

    Can you remember how and when the nickname came about and if you could pick a new one would you?
  • Goody_AceGoody_Ace Member Posts: 206
    edited October 2016
    I would just like to add (from an average player that is slowly getting better)
    It is very easy to think the software is rigged...... a few bad beats on the trot that eliminates you from a tourny where before you were in the in the top few, naturally makes you think that.

    Most times, if you reflect on your play, you played badly. It hurts to critisize your own play and is much easier
    to blame the site software.

    I'll admit, I nearly quit poker as I was sure sometimes the cards were pre-determined.
    Who hasn't shouted at the screen 'NEVER' when someone makes a hand out of nothing time and time again.

    Playing poker is a little like playing golf in reverse;
    In poker you remember the bad beats and forget the times you got lucky and your 2's held
    In golf you remember the great shots and putts but forget the shanks and almost gimme putts you missed.

    I mean, pro's get knocked out of tourneys and they know all the odds and tricks.

    I'll give a 'for instance' the other day I was playing in a £5 BH. The player to my right was very aggresive
    never opened with less than 4X BB. When I tried to get at him, he always caught a card.
    His stratagy was working very well and at one point he was the leader.

    Luckily, he didn't know when to stop the aggression and I caught him out a few times with me now catching cards.
    He then tilted with all-ins every hand. I knocked him out on a flip with some of the other players commenting BOOM lol.

    As you rightly said Neil, timing is everything.
  • Malc88Malc88 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2017
    On sky bet where do i find free bet password
  • shazzeeshazzee Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2017
    ive been on this site long enough now to know there is something not right with some players on here.... i dont know if they work for sky or just plain simple cheats! you just gotta look at what they call big bets with in the long run and always hit. At first i just thought it was bad players but it gets worse something dodgy here
  • heathy13heathy13 Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker:
    ive been on this site long enough now to know there is something not right with some players on here.... i dont know if they work for sky or just plain simple cheats! you just gotta look at what they call big bets with in the long run and always hit. At first i just thought it was bad players but it gets worse something dodgy here
    Posted by shazzee
    As i have said on this site before , there are so many Bad players on here who think by ultra aggresive it makes them a pro or play better , but i have noticed these players dont last long in Tourneys i play ..as in there longtivity , there stay aggresive then tilt.
    Sure we get beats from them but you can pick your spots and beat them just as much if not more often then you get beat !
  • kev1Nkev1N Member Posts: 2
    With the new sky poker set up where is the lobby please?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 157,207

    ^^^^

    Hi KevIN,

    I don't like to trespass on Mr Channing's thread, but pop across to Poker Chat or Feedback & Suggestions, post the question again, & I'll reply tout suite.
  • zenbudhistzenbudhist Member Posts: 144
    'Don't even think about them.'
    Aye, take a page out the pro's book ... want to know how? Singe ...go on you tube, look up Phil Helmuth and just by watching you will feel the serene wisdom seeping into your very soul.
  • zenbudhistzenbudhist Member Posts: 144
    i just got AA hammered twice ...bleurgh!
  • TheMadMonkTheMadMonk Member Posts: 291
    edited December 2017
    best part of playing poker is to beat someone when you have the worst hand to start with :D
  • zenbudhistzenbudhist Member Posts: 144
    worst part of playing poker is ... see above!
Sign In or Register to comment.