You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Double Your Money Absentees

amzzy18amzzy18 Member Posts: 8
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
While I have to agree that DYM is probably an easy form of poker to play what i hate the most is people that sign into a DYM and sit out waiting for a payout ............. surely with the technology available skybet can see when this is happening and set up a system whereby if u sit away for a certain number of hands then ur buy-in will be forfieted and u will be ejected from the table ............ maybe then people can at least earn their payout

Comments

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Double Your Money Absentees:
    While I have to agree that DYM is probably an easy form of poker to play what i hate the most is people that sign into a DYM and sit out waiting for a payout ............. surely with the technology available skybet can see when this is happening and set up a system whereby if u sit away for a certain number of hands then ur buy-in will be forfieted and u will be ejected from the table ............ maybe then people can at least earn their payout
    Posted by amzzy18
    u gota be joking... just steal their blinds! away players are the thing i love to see
  • Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited February 2010
    BRILLIANT post. Players like this (or card rats as i like to call them) spoil the game imo.

Have tried the steal the blinds trick myself, only for the player to "jump" back in mid-hand if they get decent hole cards.

There are a few, who regularly wait until someone has a big chip lead or 2 players have gone from the game.
    Nothing illegal but it spoils the nature of the game....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the nature of dyms is to play tight... if you cant do this then you wont win anyway.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You are right Blackfish, but surely the word "play" is key.......or should we all be "away?"
  • Options
    Tripticon3Tripticon3 Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2010
    I  agree blackfish. Plus, if they're in the chip position to then be able to afford to 'sit out', then surely they must've earnt a big enough chip stack in the first place to feel comfortable to do so. Maybe players just get busy too early for you.... ?
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010

Siting out and folding every single hand r exactly the same, wud u have a go at sum1 for playing ultra tight?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The PROPER warriors are here now.

Read the posts properly. Please.

Absentee = NOT PRESENT.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    but emilyegg it is up to them! being away is not the best way to play dyms but playing tight is! Just imagine they are playing super tight?
  • Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    edited February 2010

pay the money play or sit out  

up to the person who pays what they do

cant kick some 1 4 it  what happens if they have conection probs after reg 4 a game   they get back to table to find they got kicked

plus theres nothin wrong with them sitting out the game just means theres 1 less to beat and if you get down to the last 4 and 1 sit out just sit out as well that way he be blinded out and you cash easy

p.s  any players that do sit out to cash please please please sit on my tables   ty
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited February 2010
    It is their money, they have paid to enter so it is up to them, personally I steal the blinds as quick as I can and fold as soon as they are back, cause it usually means they got top pair.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Agree totally with connection problems ckd.

But surely even the hard of thinking can understand what amzzy 18 is saying.

It is players registering, then hiding behind the settee.

Folding every hand and sitting-out is NOT the same thing. You have to actually be present to fold.
    Tight play is the key to dym success. NOBODY is disputing that, not even Blackfish. (yet)
  • Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    edited February 2010

i do understand what he is saying  but then it is there money and they can sit out if they want i dont see anything wrong with them doing that as all you have to do is raise there blinds, but the part where he says 

surely with the technology available skybet can see when this is happening and set up a system whereby if u sit away for a certain number of hands then ur buy-in will be forfieted and u will be ejected from the table ............ maybe then people can at least earn their payout 

as said above this would be unfair for people who have connection problems

ive seen it lots of times down to final 4 some1 sat out people just fold and raise them they go out 

i know he is saying its not a game like this but thats the way it goes they sit out or they just fold every hand

to me i like the fact they sit out cos then u know u can raise them with whatever and take the pot

aswhere if they cant sit out and just fold you dont know where you stand if u push on them

so im happy as it is
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Can see what you`re saying ckd but what if 6 players took the "away" stance.

The chip and a chair tourney may not be such a bad thing.

• Options
    edited February 2010

Folding every hand and sitting out are exactly the same thing - If anything, a guy who folds every hand must be more annoying (for some completely insane reason u find this whole issue annoying) - As they would waste more time/take time out of the game so the blinds creep up faster and you get more play.

If ur questioning the players "balls" - then thats fine, but it doesnt effect u or the other opponents in any way.

Edit - U DO NOT have to be present to fold, the guys hand is folded automatically, even if he's forgot about the game and gone to the pub!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Spot the difference on a DYM table competition.

Someone folding every hand and someone not present (i.e. absent)

Answers on a postcard to the usual address before 20 02 2010.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Time bar goes down on one, not on the other
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Call it Pedantic, but that IS NOT the same thing. You blow your own argument out of the water.

• Options
    AyrGraemeAyrGraeme Member Posts: 271
    edited February 2010
    If you cant beat a player who is not there then you don't deserve a payout.  Give me a player like that on the table any day.  Means only having to beat 2 players instead of 3 - I like those odds.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I haven't got an argument, there isn't an argument! This whole conversation is on the verge of becoming 'farcical' ;)

"skybet can see when this is happening and set up a system whereby if u sit away for a certain number of hands then ur buy-in will be forfieted and u will be ejected from the table ............ maybe then people can at least earn their payout"

THAT! says it all!!
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited February 2010
      The problem with absentees is not down to the players being absent from the table.The problems arise when stealing their blinds. You very often get people getting over aggressive tryin to steal blinds even at the early levels when the are insignificant. This can lead to people getting involved in big pots with bad hands just to steal 20 or 30 chips.There are enough players in DYMs who are overly loose early on trying to build a stack that this can lead to increased problems. The only way to deal with it is to play your normal game and just ignore them and only steal their blinds if you are in the SB in a pot that has noone else in.

Sitting out only becomes a viable strategy when multiple players react to the player sitting out. So as long as you keep it tight play a good solid game then these players are not even remotely a nuisance.The only players that can cause problems in a DYM are the allin bingo players and they are best just avoided.