You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

why dose bad play get rewarded on this site

acecutte01acecutte01 Member Posts: 2
edited December 2016 in Feedback & Suggestions
just got knoked out of the  deep stack tourni had QQ BET GOT CALLED  low cards come on flop i push all in he calls with nine three last two cards give him full house think i will be leaving this site for good fed up giving it my money

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,118
    edited October 2016

There's almost no answer I can give to that which would not imperil my job.

In essence, if we have QQ & our opponent has 9-3, we want him in the pot every time.

It depends, of course, how we played the hand pre-flop - if we butcher it by slow playing, we only have ourselves to blame.

If we run that hand 1,000 times, (& play it properly.....) we win 863 times. We'd be millionaires very soon, but we need to be able to take the 137 times it loses with an understanding of how maths works. I'd happily give Villain my money 137 times if he is going to pay me off 863 times, & it's a bit surprising you don't like those odds.

What do you want - that QQ holds up 100% of the time? Ain't gonna happen, ever, here or elsewhere.  

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,035
    edited October 2016
    In Response to why dose bad play get rewarded on this site:
    just got knoked out of the  deep stack tourni had QQ BET GOT CALLED  low cards come on flop i push all in he calls with nine three last two cards give him full house think i will be leaving this site for good fed up giving it my money
    Posted by acecutte01
    The only money the site takes is the rake, yours and everyone elses.
    Everyone is entitled to play how they want.
    If everyone just played premium hands all the time, it would be very boring indeed.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: why dose bad play get rewarded on this site:
    There's almost no answer I can give to that which would not imperil my job. In essence, if we have QQ & our opponent has 9-3, we want him in the pot every time. It depends, of course, how we played the hand pre-flop - if we butcher it by slow playing, we only have ourselves to blame. If we run that hand 1,000 times, (& play it properly.....) we win 863 times. We'd be millionaires very soon, but we need to be able to take the 137 times it loses with an understanding of how maths works. I'd happily give Villain my money 137 times if he is going to pay me off 863 times, & it's a bit surprising you don't like those odds.   What do you want - that QQ holds up 100% of the time? Ain't gonna happen, ever, here or elsewhere.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Need some assistance on that front? ;)
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,396
    edited October 2016
    In Response to why dose bad play get rewarded on this site:
    Posted by acecutte01

Sometimes , when Im in a preflop -3bet- 4bet -shove situation 

and the Hands are say ...

Me....KK v 77 

When the hand deals out, I think , If a 7 drops , I might have a heart attack here. 

When It does drop  , I never seem to have one. 

But , one day I might.

So SKy admin, If you do bad beat me, and I do have a heart attack...how can you sleep ?
  • Options
    CATCH-22CATCH-22 Member Posts: 270
    edited October 2016
    one day u will
  • Options
    shepspaulshepspaul Member Posts: 61
    edited December 2016
    because the cards are pre ordained by sky