You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

poker refer a friend

a11ina11in Member Posts: 16
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

Just before i type this, i like sky poker alot and enjoy watching the shows on sky...HOWEVER, recently i refered my partners mother because i seen the refer a friend bonus and it looks like this..
REFER A FRIEND AND GET 50 POUND FOR YOU AND 25 FOR THE PERSON WHO SIGNS UP( probably asloing as they deposit funds and spend)

if you READ the tnc's its says the person who you refered has to earn so many poker points for you to get your bonus...HOW PATHETIC IS THIS, as i siad its normally if they sign up and deposit funds not for the person who you refer to earn your bonus, well im sure theres many more like me who thought "oh great refer a friend, sign em up and spend some money i get a bonus and so do they"

NOW heres the annoying part, we refered the friend last WEEK sometime, and the day after i spoke to someone on chat and they said we didnt refer the friend correctly( YEAH RIGHT ) and told me to email the promotions team in which we did AND GUESS what happened,"yep we didnt get the response" and there telling me now oh she needs to earn so many poker points b4 i get my bonus, i can understand it if it was for the £25 bonus there suppose to get....ANNOYYYYYYYYYYED TO DEATH,

This has done my head in, and its not as if you could draw the bonus out you cant, ya gotta spend on here anyway..

Anyway just wanted to know if anyone else having this or any other problems related....

Speak later POKERPEEPS..

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2010
    AND JUST SPEAKING TO THEM NOW AND AFTER SOME TIME OF COMPLAINING HE WRITES THIS...

21:28:24 it would seam that they have got the offer wrong, my apologies for that.
    21:29:14 but that still doesn't change the fact that the offer is clearly stated in the terms and conditions.
    21:35:49 Can I help you any further?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    how bad is this...SORRY FOR MOANING...but this p****s me of....
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    LOL! stop trying to free money jeeez... why would sky give you money for nothing? obviously you have to earn the bonuses... read the Ts and Cs, that's what they are there for... seriously its not hard to read the conditions you sign up to.
  • Options
    torryboytorryboy Member Posts: 459
    edited February 2010
    Dont know what your doing wrong but I have been referred by a friend and got our money no probs.

It does state in T an Cs that a certain amount of poker points has to be made so cant see what your moaning about.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited February 2010

Sir,

Almost all of these Sign Up Bonuses & such like, on ALL Sites, have "earn-out" criteria. It's standard. It's a mite unreasonable to describe it as a "legal SCAM", to be fair, imo.

If they did not, the Site would get mullered, as folks would be serial-signing up, taking the money out, & running. Which is not exactly the idea.

As to the other dispute you have, nobody on the Forum can assist you, your best route is Customer Care.

Good Luck with it..
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2010
    what route is there to go with this? he's clearly seen this offer tried to sign up to duplicate accounts, realised he hasn't got any money in bank therefore he cant deposit and earn poker points, therefore no bonus, pretty simple standard stuff really but for some reason thinks sky are going to chuck money at him because he's "furious" about it all.

good night sir and good luck with your next conquest
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010
    didnt your mum ever tell you ,

you get nothing in this life for free,

mine did lol !
  • Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited February 2010
    It would be great if there WAS a site that gave a bonus which could be withdrawn without ANY deposits. Free entertainment and cash is a basic right, but it looks like terms & conditions apply in this case.

Anyway, must dash. I have been promised 1,000,000 nectar points from Sainsburys if I buy some Donuts from the reduced section before 11pm**

** T&C`s Apply.
  • Options
    schnooksschnooks Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    Allin, i was referred by a friend and had to get 375 ponits in 30 days for me & my freind to recieve the bonus. don't know about u but thats a **** of a lot of games ( or money) especially if your just a biginner. It's like the lights of a fruit machines looks all good but not really worth it in the end, bit of a rip off me thinks.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited February 2010
    all this talk about summit for nuttin is wrong.

i quite regularly get emails, or something through the post from party, to say they have given me a $50 bonus.  I dont have to earn it to play with it.  I have to earn a certain amount of points in the month to withdraw which i havent got time to do, so just stick it on a 25/50c hu cash table to try to spin it up and withdraw the excess.  I have done this quite a few times
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Joking aside OMahonyO, I know what you mean.

Had one all but an hour ago from a high st. bookie offering £66 for nothing.

The T&C`s on that one has still got me in knots.

• Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: SIGN HERE, poker refer a friend and other legal SCAMS:
    Joking aside OMahonyO, I know what you mean. Had one all but an hour ago from a high st. bookie offering £66 for nothing. The T&C`s on that one has still got me in knots.
    Posted by emilyegg
    fancy emailing it onto me emily?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    PM you now m8
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010
    i once had a friend who referred me to his friend in turn i refer him to my friend,

now his friend referred my friend to another friend who also wanted to be my friend,

only right then for me to return the refer a friend to the friend that was referred ,

by his friend who said i know of another friend who would like to refer the referred friend ,

as a friend . so now i am mr lots of referred friends .

• Options
    edited February 2010
    the Rembrandts would struggle to sing that one Irish.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Think you got me wrong here folks..... The offer clearly says "REFER A FRIEND" and get the bonus money right.....How many of you have read the terms and conditions..?? truthfully,,,,

Its not that i need the money...hahaha, its the principle of it, and for some of your information, its not a duplicate account, and for some more of your info, the 50 pound you cant withdraw..??..you have to play it on here so its clearly not for the money, or your correct everyone would be doing it INCLUDING me....

And if you read my earlier thread you can see the chatmasters statement.." they got it wrong " his words not mine......

Didnt mean to p**S people of with this, i just find it annoying and i seen other post regarding the way they deal with it...... so thought i would throw my penny in....if thats OK...

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Sir, Almost all of these Sign Up Bonuses & such like, on ALL Sites, have "earn-out" criteria. It's standard. It's a mite unreasonable to describe it as a "legal SCAM", to be fair, imo. If they did not, the Site would get mullered, as folks would be serial-signing up, taking the money out, & running. Which is not exactly the idea. As to the other dispute you have, nobody on the Forum can assist you, your best route is Customer Care. Good Luck with it..

Hi tikay,,,i agree a EARN OUT CRITERIA for when YOU sign up, not refers surely...??..probably more annoyed with the way the support team didnt respond, and the messing about we did....cheers for your post anyway....
    Posted by Tikay10
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    didnt your mum ever tell you , you get nothing in this life for free, mine did lol !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    didnt your mum ever tell you , you get nothing in this life for free, mine did lol

its not for free really is it....and plus its not as if you can withdraw it is it....

Posted by IRISHROVER
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    Think you got me wrong here folks..... The offer clearly says "REFER A FRIEND" and get the bonus money right.....How many of you have read the terms and conditions..??

I'm not going to read the rest of your post because this is stupid enough as it is.

Learn to read. Nothing in life is free.

Suck it up.