You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Hello once again, much love

MadHorseMadHorse Member Posts: 257
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Yes I hope everyone is doing great winning loads and loads of money but I have a question regarding odds; how do I know the odds are in my favour for example;

I have 7h 4d,

flop - 3d,5d,7d,

Whats the odds of me hitting a straight?

I have 3,4,5,7 - so I need a 6? there are four 6's out there somewhere and I have two chances to hit that Turn n River, so im what 6 x 2 = 12/1?

cheers,

Comments

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited February 2010
    The rough rule of thumb is to allow 4% (4.4% is more accurate) for each card that makes your hand after the flop and 2% after the turn.
    You have 4 cards to hit so you have about a 16% chance to make your straight. This is about 5/1.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited February 2010
    just go all in like a typical sky player
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Hello once again, much love:
    just go all in like a typical sky player
    Posted by oynutter
    OY! Nutter - Glad to see they let you out lol

I would of shoved all-in with top pair anyway lol and if I hit the straight it would of been a bonus lol

I was on final table of £1500 bounty hunter last night - villain 1 raises 16k, villain 2 shoves all-in 46K with AJos, villain 1 calls him with 67s and hits a 6 on the turn - brave call in my opinion, but apparently not so uncommon and a good play according to popular opinion - But I would of been c rapping myself to make this sort of play.

Anyway, villain 1 went on to take the tourny down so it worked for him lol. 
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited February 2010
    lol--popular sky opinion!!