You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Doubling Up Posts - Probably Annoys Other People More Than Me

SpuzzSpuzz Member Posts: 21
edited December 2016 in Feedback & Suggestions
Not sure if this is the right place to post this bug/issue. Please move if I have posted in the wrong place.

Almost every time I make a post here on the forums my posts are duplicated. However, for the sake of people who take the time to read posts I can imagine that it becomes annoying if the same person constantly has duplicate posts back to back.

Am I doing something wrong when posting?

Is this a known issue you are working on?

How can this be fixed?

Over to you for suggestions :)

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,120
    edited November 2016

Hi Spuzz,

Well this one does not seem to be duplicated. As far as I know, it happens when we post from a Mobile or Tablet device. I remove all the duplicate posts when I see them - often as many as 6 or 8 per day.  It's not ideal, but then again, it's not that annoying either, unless you live in a perfect world.

Am I doing something wrong when posting? No.

Is this a known issue you are working on? Yes & no, respectively.

How can this be fixed? Better forum software.

Over to you for suggestions :) We just have to live with it for now.  
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hi Tikay 

Thanks for your response.

It didn't happen for the start of this thread. 

Picking up o your point (As far as I know, it happens when we post from a Mobile or Tablet device) wondering if it could be related to laptops as well? Using a laptop at preset until my main machine has beeen repaired.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hi Tikay 

Thanks for your response.

It didn't happen for the start of this thread. 

Picking up o your point (As far as I know, it happens when we post from a Mobile or Tablet device) wondering if it could be related to laptops as well? Using a laptop at preset until my main machine has beeen repaired.

Just relised that it only happens when responding to a thread as in this case.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,397
    edited November 2016
    I've noticed this happens on my android mobile, if I'm on WiFi and my mobile data is on,  it's like WiFi posts, then the three network posts a duplicate.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    edited December 2016
    I've noticed this happens to me a lot too and I only ever use a Laptop. I've noticed that it seems to happen when I've just posted, and then I press the 'back' arrow in the top left hand corner. If I just press the Forum tab it doesnt seem to repeat the post. Hope this helps.