You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

satellites and rules if registering tournaments

MikeycbMikeycb Member Posts: 143
edited November 2016 in Feedback & Suggestions
Guys I'm not usually one to have a moan up but the registration and deregistration rules need to be looked into. I recently won with my own money a seat into a 55 pound tournament. Unfortunately a family member passed away and a funeral was arranged quickly on same day as tournament. Sky were quick to help me by saying they will note the account and I can use the same amount for another tournament at a later date.  Which is was great of sky. 

Yesterday I won a free roll yesterday to the iceman tonight. (Got my 20 points to enter)

At 6pm today an ambulance was called for my 5 year old son who is very ill at the moment and I contact sky to explain this to be met with "you was at a funeral last week and we can only do this once" which wasn't the agents fault he doing his job. On other poker sites I can simply click the unregister button and I get a token to use in another tournament of my choice. 

If I had paid to get this far and be met with that response I'd be fuming. Fortunately it was a free roll but come on.

You are no longer that small poker site and the recent ukops events showed this so why we still playing by little boy rules.

I also like to lr some tournaments so would like to be able to use the token to lr.

Anyway rant over and back to waiting room to watch more "up" or whatever this animated cartoon is.

Enjoy free chips on my table guys.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited November 2016
    Best way to counteract this is to buy-in to the event with your own money before the seats are awarded in the sat/freeroll then  you will be awarded the cash equivalent for the seats & as you bought in with your own money you will get it back if you have to un-register.
    A bit convoluted but how it works here.
    GL & hope everything ok.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: satellites and rules if registering tournaments:
    Best way to counteract this is to buy-in to the event with your own money before the seats are awarded in the sat/freeroll then  you will be awarded the cash equivalent for the seats & as you bought in with your own money you will get it back if you have to un-register. A bit convoluted but how it works here. GL & hope everything ok.
    Posted by belsibub
    Hey Bud, 

Thank you everything is fine now got home around 2am. 

I did manage to play the tournament in a hospital waiting room but got down to like 10% battery so punted it off on life tilt lol.

Yeah i know the old buy in and get cash trick but i totally intended on playing the tournament so once in there is no turning back.

thanks for your reply and gl at the tables.

Mike.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,806
    edited November 2016

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear your son is unwell, & I hope he soon recovers fully.

The problem you refer to has nothing to do with Sky Poker being a little, medium or big site - the rules are set up for a reason, & by design.

When they offer seats to a particular MTT via a Freeroll, it's done for a reason - to drive players to that specific MTT. It would just make no sense to allow the players to de-reg from the target Tournament. 

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Hi Mike, Sorry to hear your son is unwell, & I hope he soon recovers fully. The problem you refer to has nothing to do with Sky Poker being a little, medium or big site - the rules are set up for a reason, & by design. When they offer seats to a particular MTT via a Freeroll, it's done for a reason - to drive players to that specific MTT. It would just make no sense to allow the players to de-reg from the target Tournament.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hey Tikay, Appreciate the reply.

The little man is good thank you he will recover fully.

The FR part of it didnt really bother me that much if im totally honest it is the attitude (not the agent himself) that if you satellite into a tournament that you are unable to unregister. Im sure people here pay upto 24 gbp to enter a satellite that gives them entry to a later tournament. what happens if they are unable to play.

Scenario for me here was a few weeks a go i made my way into a 55 tournament via satellites that i was unable to play and was given a squeeze and allowed to play at a later date which i 100% appreciate. but because i pulled out of that tournament i am unable to unregister any other sats i may win (FR or not) - which is making me a little trigger shy when i enter a satellite to something that maybe played in the future...

I have no problem at all taking a tournament token that i cant withdraw as cash monies because sky need to protect their interests or being told no if i tried to cash in a fr seat because it is free.. my issue is because i "i did it before" if the issue is we cant do it on FR seats because it is free it would be "no problem thanks for your time i totally understand".

EDIT : Even if the person who finished just outside of the seats was contacted and told "mike pulled out do you want it?" would have been nice too

Cheers

Mike

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited November 2016
    In Response to satellites and rules if registering tournaments:
    Guys I'm not usually one to have a moan up but the registration and deregistration rules need to be looked into. I recently won with my own money a seat into a 55 pound tournament. Unfortunately a family member passed away and a funeral was arranged quickly on same day as tournament. Sky were quick to help me by saying they will note the account and I can use the same amount for another tournament at a later date.  Which is was great of sky.  Yesterday I won a free roll yesterday to the iceman tonight. (Got my 20 points to enter) At 6pm today an ambulance was called for my 5 year old son who is very ill at the moment and I contact sky to explain this to be met with "you was at a funeral last week and we can only do this once" which wasn't the agents fault he doing his job. On other poker sites I can simply click the unregister button and I get a token to use in another tournament of my choice.  If I had paid to get this far and be met with that response I'd be fuming. Fortunately it was a free roll but come on. You are no longer that small poker site and the recent ukops events showed this so why we still playing by little boy rules. I also like to lr some tournaments so would like to be able to use the token to lr. Anyway rant over and back to waiting room to watch more "up" or whatever this animated cartoon is. Enjoy free chips on my table guys. Mike
    Posted by Mikeycb

Sorry to hear about your situation and obviously hope it improves, but it really isn't a reason to change what is quite a flexible sat system on Sky.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    In Response to satellites and rules if registering tournaments : Sorry to hear about your situation and obviously hope it improves, but it really isn't a reason to change what is quite a flexible sat system on Sky.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Flexible? in what way? genuinely how is it more flexible than anywhere else?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,806
    edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: satellites and rules if registering tournaments : Hey Tikay, Appreciate the reply. The little man is good thank you he will recover fully. The FR part of it didnt really bother me that much if im totally honest it is the attitude (not the agent himself) that if you satellite into a tournament that you are unable to unregister. Im sure people here pay upto 24 gbp to enter a satellite that gives them entry to a later tournament. what happens if they are unable to play. Scenario for me here was a few weeks a go i made my way into a 55 tournament via satellites that i was unable to play and was given a squeeze and allowed to play at a later date which i 100% appreciate. but because i pulled out of that tournament i am unable to unregister any other sats i may win (FR or not) - which is making me a little trigger shy when i enter a satellite to something that maybe played in the future... I have no problem at all taking a tournament token that i cant withdraw as cash monies because sky need to protect their interests or being told no if i tried to cash in a fr seat because it is free.. my issue is because i "i did it before" if the issue is we cant do it on FR seats because it is free it would be "no problem thanks for your time i totally understand". EDIT : Even if the person who finished just outside of the seats was contacted and told "mike pulled out do you want it?" would have been nice too Cheers Mike
    Posted by Mikeycb
    Hi Mike,

First up, glad the boy is going to be OK.

Satellites - I think the point is being missed here.

Freerolls which award seats to a target tournament are designed to send players to that MTT & that MTT alone.

Regular satellites, ditto.

Leaving aside health or family emergencies (& Sky Poker will always act reasonably in such cases) if you cannot play the target event - don't enter a satellite or Freeroll for it.

Sky Poker set up these Freerolls then spend a fortune in Admin sorting out players who won the seat but then want the cash instead. If it were my decision, I'd simply say "no, think before you enter".

And if you still don't think that is right or fair, there is always the dodge which most players here seem to do - enter the target tournament before you play the satellite, & then you get awarded cash instead.

The satelite system here works very well as it happens. It is not designed to be the same as on other sites.  
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: satellites and rules if registering tournaments : Flexible? in what way? genuinely how is it more flexible than anywhere else?
    Posted by Mikeycb

Cos you can buy into the target event then de-reg and take the £££. That cash can be used for any other games, withdrawn, spewed off on cash tables.

Tokens mean you'd have to use them for MTTs. Being able to win the cash means you can use it for whatever you desire whenever you desire.