You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bad call?

MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
STUPENDOUS Small blind  100.00 100.00 3210.00
MADMOO Big blind  200.00 300.00 960.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

Seagull158 All-in  1930.00 2230.00 0.00
LANCEY Fold     
SAS10 Fold     
Canary_BUC Fold     
STUPENDOUS Fold     
MADMOO All-in  960.00 3190.00 0.00
Seagull158 Unmatched bet  770.00 2420.00 770.00
MADMOO Show
  • A

Seagull158 Show

Flop

• A
  • A

Turn

River

MADMOO Win Three Aces 2420.00  2420.00

After this hand I was asked how I could call. I cant see what was wrong with it as I was very low in chips and really cant see why I was called an f***** clown a few times. Was it a bad call?

Comments

• Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited February 2010
    With the chips you had and those blinds your calling with alomost any 2 cards, as it it a10 perfectly reasonable hand to call with.
  • Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Bad call?:
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance STUPENDOUS Small blind   100.00 100.00 3210.00 MADMOO Big blind   200.00 300.00 960.00   Your hole cards 10 A       Seagull158 All-in   1930.00 2230.00 0.00 LANCEY Fold         SAS10 Fold         Canary_BUC Fold         STUPENDOUS Fold         MADMOO All-in   960.00 3190.00 0.00 Seagull158 Unmatched bet   770.00 2420.00 770.00 MADMOO Show 10 A       Seagull158 Show 4 4       Flop     7 A A       Turn     2       River     6       MADMOO Win Three Aces 2420.00   2420.00 After this hand I was asked how I could call. I cant see what was wrong with it as I was very low in chips and really cant see why I was called an f***** clown a few times. Was it a bad call?
    Posted by MADMOO
    nothing wrong with it desperate times call for desperate measures,you put him on a range and if you think your in front fair play,youve got 5 big blinds whats he want you to do wait for aces lol.
  • Options
    J-HartiganJ-Hartigan Member Posts: 2,756
    edited February 2010
    Hi Lisa,

In my opinion, the hand plays itself - and no-one did anything wrong.

Shortstack (<10 bbs) shoves with a small pocket pair. 

You call with a *very* short stack (<5 bbs), having already invested 200.

It's not a bad call.  And you're not a clown.  Case closed.

Next...
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited February 2010
    Quite a marginal call for me, he is pushing utg so could have a bigger ace possibly. But with your 5 BB's you probably can't fold.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited February 2010
    Hi Lisa

As James says with less than 10 BB,s its a case of call or fold, you had an above average hand and turned out to be 2 overs and were not far off 50/50, a call in my book, whoever it was who abused you had no right to do that and hope you have or are going to report them to Customer Care :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thank you all for your replys. No I didnt report it Barry, put it down to him having a bad day.
  • Options
    SpongeDougSpongeDoug Member Posts: 153
    edited February 2010

I tell you what I am getting sick of seeing people critisised for a particular play just because they don't like or understand your play. it seems to be getting quite bad on here at the moment.

I am sure most people make mistakes in their play once in a while it could be down to any number of reasons ie multi tabling, getting grief from er indoors or the kids fighting etc etc etc. It might be that your trying out a move and it doesn't always work out or your timing is out... SO WHAT it happens!! If people didn't make mistakes then it'd be a very boring game.

Ignore these baffoons Madmoo it's easy to hide and be lairy on line.

(Having said that I apologise to anyone I have ever donked out on!! or called a donk!)

• Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited February 2010
    You should, as Barry says, contact customer care. You have done nothing wrong MADMOO. A wee chat ban for the "See You Next Tuesday" giving you the aggro should be delivered......

• Options
    mabsuemabsue Member Posts: 382
    edited February 2010
    Hi MOO trust me when i say with less than 5 BB i wouldnt have had a 2nd thought i would have been shoving in any position with this hand let alone with chips invested perfectly reasonable YOU DID NOTHING WRONG END OF !!!!
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited February 2010
    wp moo and i think you do not need anyone to back you up anyway as you know with your experience it was the correct and ONLY play.dav
  • Options
    SpongeDougSpongeDoug Member Posts: 153
    edited February 2010
    By the way I don't think the call was bad at all automatic IMO
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad call?:
    Hi Lisa, In my opinion, the hand plays itself - and no-one did anything wrong. Shortstack (<10 bbs) shoves with a small pocket pair.  You call with a *very* short stack (<5 bbs), having already invested 200. It's not a bad call.  And you're not a clown.  Case closed. Next...
    Posted by J-Hartigan

WHAT HE SAID.........
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,653
    edited February 2010
    im just suprised it were seagull who said it
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    Your cards, your money, your choice. Play how you like.

By the way, it's a no brainer to call there. He's only peed off 'cos he lost.

• Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    im just suprised it were seagull who said it
    Posted by stokefc
    Me too, he's usually a top lad. Probably having the day from ****.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You should, as Barry says, contact customer care. You have done nothing wrong MADMOO. A wee chat ban for the "See You Next Tuesday" giving you the aggro should be delivered......
    Posted by emilyegg
    Lol, love the pic, insult doesn't seem as bad now :)
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    Hi Lisa As James says with less than 10 BB,s its a case of call or fold, you had an above average hand and turned out to be 2 overs and were not far off 50/50, a call in my book, whoever it was who abused you had no right to do that and hope you have or are going to report them to Customer Care :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Well, my name's on the HH Barry so its pretty obvious who was doing the whining.
    I apologise MadMoo. I was bang out of order and I have been having a very bad few days but thats not an excuse. I guess you had no choice with the call and I shouldnt have ranted the way I did. I was pretty gutted that you only had a few outs and you hit TWO of them on the flop! When I saw the 2 aces I went a bit psycho. Sorry again.
  • Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited February 2010
    lol, its funny how sometimes 'sky' removes names and other times they seem to think its 'ok' to leave the names for all to see..y is that?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No problem Seagull, thank you for the apology.
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    No problem Seagull, thank you for the apology.
    Posted by MADMOO
    I sent you a PM by the way