You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Regular cash lobby painfully cluttered

KingBowlKingBowl Member Posts: 61
edited January 2017 in Feedback & Suggestions
I don't know why this hasn't been sorted yet but can you please remove spin up and capped games from the regular cash games filter as these are clearly not regular games, and the lobbies are getting super cluttered. End up opening the wrong table so often now, especially when trying to play multiple tables. Seems like a very easy problem to fix and there is no excuse why it hasn't been done yet.

Comments

• Options
    THEGRIDTHEGRID Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Regular cash lobby painfully cluttered:
    I don't know why this hasn't been sorted yet but can you please remove spin up and capped games from the regular cash games filter as these are clearly not regular games, and the lobbies are getting super cluttered. End up opening the wrong table so often now, especially when trying to play multiple tables. Seems like a very easy problem to fix and there is no excuse why it hasn't been done yet.
    Posted by KingBowl

I fully agree with Kingbowl on this matter. Surely the whole point of having filters at the top of the lobby is so that you are able to filter out games you are not interested in playing? In the lobbys current state you're simply not able to do this as even when you specifically try and apply the 'regular' filter you are inundated with cap games and spin-ups. 

While I have no problem with NL200 cap being introduced, it has only made it more difficult to try and find a regular game. It would be ridiculous to include regular games in the spin-up category, so why is it acceptable the other way round? 

The fact that the SPIN-UP TABLES ARE HIGHLIGHTED EVEN WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE 'REGULAR' TAB is mind boggling. It appears Sky are trying to dupe their customers into playing spin-up games, knowing that these are the games that generate the most case. However I sincerely hope this is not the case and it is purely a long standing mistake. 

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,119
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Regular cash lobby painfully cluttered:
    In Response to Regular cash lobby painfully cluttered : I fully agree with Kingbowl on this matter. Surely the whole point of having filters at the top of the lobby is so that you are able to filter out games you are not interested in playing? In the lobbys current state you're simply not able to do this as even when you specifically try and apply the 'regular' filter you are inundated with cap games and spin-ups.  While I have no problem with NL200 cap being introduced, it has only made it more difficult to try and find a regular game. It would be ridiculous to include regular games in the spin-up category, so why is it acceptable the other way round?  The fact that the SPIN-UP TABLES ARE HIGHLIGHTED EVEN WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE 'REGULAR' TAB  is mind boggling. It appears Sky are trying to dupe their customers into playing spin-up games, knowing that these are the games that generate the most case. However I sincerely hope this is not the case and it is purely a long standing mistake. 
    Posted by THEGRID
    Hi Grid,

They are not trying to "dupe" anyone, the Spin Up games are very clearly labelled as such.

I would assume they are stickied & highlighted at the top as they are the most popular single format cash game here.

I don't make these - or any - decisions here, but I'd be very surprised if they changed the way they are currently shown.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Regular cash lobby painfully cluttered : Hi Grid, They are not trying to "dupe" anyone, the Spin Up games are very clearly labelled as such. I would assume they are stickied & highlighted at the top as they are the most popular single format cash game here.   I don't make these - or any - decisions here, but I'd be very surprised if they changed the way they are currently shown.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Even if sky are unwilling to remove them from the highlighted section of the regular games, they should not be included in the general lobby when the regular filter is selected, surely you must agree with this... It clutters the lobbies massively and makes them difficult to navigate when playing lots of tables

• Options
    percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Regular cash lobby painfully cluttered : Even if sky are unwilling to remove them from the highlighted section of the regular games, they should not be included in the general lobby when the regular filter is selected, surely you must agree with this... It clutters the lobbies massively and makes them difficult to navigate when playing lots of tables
    Posted by KingBowl
    Exaggeration? 
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Regular cash lobby painfully cluttered : Exaggeration? 
    Posted by percival09

What is an exaggeration? 

I am struggling to see how anyone could be opposed to this, it is very clearly wrong to have spin up and capped tables in the regular filter.
  • Options
    The_FishhhThe_Fishhh Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2016
    yeh this topic has been debated before its ridiculous theyre in the regular tab and no matter how much sky deny it , to me it seems clear it is to dupe players into playing a high raking game. Sky are aware that players want it changing but they just dotn seem to care, perhaps if a spin up regular who makes 100k poitns a month complained they might look into it. I like a lot of things that sky do for regulars such as the events and rake races i dont see why theyre being so unreasonable on this issue
  • Options
    noobtrinonoobtrino Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2016
    Agree with all of this and surprised that sky haven't addressed it yet.

There is no point in game filters if they don't even filter out common game types. 

It's a real pain trying to browse through a lobby for a regular table when its cluttered with 3 different game formats, majority being spin ups.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

To reiterate, nobody is trying to "dupe" anyone.

I have discussed this with the Office this morning.

The way the Lobby Software is currently configured, the "Regular Lobby" includes ALL formats EXCEPT Heads Up. To change that is a significant piece of work.

They do plan to look at what is involved in changing it in the manner some of you suggest. In truth, however, I'm not sure they would change it even if they could.

Anyway, the suggestion is "in play", so we shall see.

I think we need to steer clear of suggestions of "duping" though, that would be very short-sighted, you are reading way too much into it. It's simply the way the Lobby Software is (currently) configured.  

• Options
    noobtrinonoobtrino Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2016
    In truth, however, I'm not sure they would change it even if they could.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not surprised in the slightest when even the long-term sky crashing problem hasn't even been addressed yet.
    Bunch of amateurs working over at the sky development team.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,397
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Regular cash lobby painfully cluttered : Not surprised in the slightest when even the long-term sky crashing problem hasn't even been addressed yet. Bunch of amateurs working over at the sky development team.
    Posted by noobtrino
    Olympic standard though.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Regular cash lobby painfully cluttered : Not surprised in the slightest when even the long-term sky crashing problem hasn't even been addressed yet. Bunch of amateurs working over at the sky development team.
    Posted by noobtrino
    My understanding is that the problem has now been solved.
  • Options
    The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392
    edited December 2016
    I'm no software design or coding expert but vaguely saying that changing the lobby layout would be a 'significant piece of work' seems very much like a cop out to me.

Other sites change their lobbies on a regular basis to make them more and more user friendly. Sky's has barely changed at all in comparison.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Regular cash lobby painfully cluttered:
    Posted by KingBowl

Hi, Pot/Kettle  It would seem your voting system is cluttered with (no's) and needs sorting.? I keep getting drawn into answer I hadn't intended. !

• Options
    devil_teardevil_tear Member Posts: 198
    edited December 2016
    Ask yourself this, would you describe it as "duping" when chocolate bars are placed near the till in shops?
    People forget Sky is a business. Its Savvy to put a game which creates more profit in easy view, just like instinctive buys in shops, you have an instinctive game. For you personally it might be more of a ball ache, but for customers who want a quick gamble its easily assessible.
  • Options
    The_FishhhThe_Fishhh Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2016
    Ask yourself this, would you describe it as "duping" when chocolate bars are placed near the till in shops? People forget Sky is a business. Its Savvy to put a game which creates more profit in easy view, just like instinctive buys in shops, you have an instinctive game. For you personally it might be more of a ball ache, but for customers who want a quick gamble its easily assessible.
    Posted by devil_tear
    that analogy isnt exactly comparable though devil tear, i understand why they decdide to put them in plain sight. The issue isnt that , the issue is that when you click the 'regular' tab you should be left with only regular games just like if you clicked the tab tournament you would expect to be left with only tournament games.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited December 2016
    Ask yourself this, would you describe it as "duping" when chocolate bars are placed near the till in shops? People forget Sky is a business. Its Savvy to put a game which creates more profit in easy view, just like instinctive buys in shops, you have an instinctive game. For you personally it might be more of a ball ache, but for customers who want a quick gamble its easily assessible.
    Posted by devil_tear
    If they were under a sign saying healthy eating I would
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Regular cash lobby painfully cluttered : If they were under a sign saying healthy eating I would
    Posted by MattBates

Either way, they would probably be out of your hands reach.

BTW, nice to see cash/priority players having a moan like us MTT players ;)

Carry on.
  • Options
    SkootaTSkootaT Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2017
    Posted by devil_tear
    Not allowing people to filter out those games (At all) to easily access the games they actually want to play is borderline predatory. Atleast would come under sleazy business practices. Also the claim that changing the lobby structure is significant peice of work is laughable.

I think its fine for them to advertise the games that give them the most profit, but not giving people the option to filter out these games then acting like the reason you dont want people to have that option is completely moral is just so clearly bs.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,397
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Regular cash lobby painfully cluttered : Not allowing people to filter out those games (At all) to easily access the games they actually want to play is borderline predatory. Atleast would come under sleazy business practices. Also the claim that changing the lobby structure is significant peice of work is laughable. I think its fine for them to advertise the games that give them the most profit, but not giving people the option to filter out these games then acting like the reason you dont want people to have that option is completely moral is just so clearly bs.
    Posted by SkootaT

The way sky treat this site, you would think they owned it.
  • Options
    SkootaTSkootaT Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Regular cash lobby painfully cluttered : The way sky treat this site, you would think they owned it.
    Posted by mumsie
    Think you've missed my point. Its ofcourse sky's site to do with whatever they want,  We dont have to call them saints for it though.