You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Keeping On Grinding

2»

Comments

• Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Keeping On Grinding:
    There is a big difference between playing full time and giving up poker. You have hardly played any games and are talking about doing it full time which is quite a stretch. There are often threads like this so people are giving their advice but you don't seem to want to listen to it. Should people lie and say its a great idea for you to think of going pro when you have played less than 1000 games (and a good chunk of them were Russian roulettes!) For context if you are playing SNG full time I would of thought your lifetime volume is the volume you would be putting in every month. Poker is tough and its getting harder. Getting better at poker is something we all strive to do. You are trying to go from a losing position to making a full time income from the game, this isn't an easy thing to do. You said about it being relegated to a hobby and this is the best thing you could do. When you start making good money from your hobby then you can start thinking about whether you would like to do it for a living.
    Posted by MattBates
    top advice
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited December 2016
    Only thing lacking in this thread is a smoking alien statue.
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited December 2016
    Only thing lacking in this thread is a smoking alien statue.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

lol <3
  • Options
    robertodrobertod Member Posts: 152
    edited December 2016
    Perhaps if you actually played poker instead of the bs, toss a coin russian roulette HU games you've been playing, you might get somewhere and you won't have to whine on the forum like you've been getting unlucky for years. If you think the games you play are skillful then you'd be better off playing blackjack.
  • Options
    BlackpumaBlackpuma Member Posts: 203
    edited December 2016
    Great post, I got popcorn, The next Mattbates : )
  • Options
    PkDevilPkDevil Member Posts: 147
    edited December 2016
    There is a big difference between playing full time and giving up poker. You have hardly played any games and are talking about doing it full time which is quite a stretch. There are often threads like this so people are giving their advice but you don't seem to want to listen to it. Should people lie and say its a great idea for you to think of going pro when you have played less than 1000 games (and a good chunk of them were Russian roulettes!) For context if you are playing SNG full time I would of thought your lifetime volume is the volume you would be putting in every month. Poker is tough and its getting harder. Getting better at poker is something we all strive to do. You are trying to go from a losing position to making a full time income from the game, this isn't an easy thing to do. You said about it being relegated to a hobby and this is the best thing you could do. When you start making good money from your hobby then you can start thinking about whether you would like to do it for a living.
    Posted by MattBates
    How do you "start making good money" from Poker if you relegate it to a hobby because surely then you definitely wouldn't put in enough hours to be able to improve your performance ratio?....

As for the Russian Roulettes....that is something I will never do again. As you bring it up however, they also account for the majority of my loss.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,400
    edited December 2016
    As for the Russian Roulettes....that is something I will never do again. As you bring it up however, they also account for the majority of my loss.
    Posted by PkDevil

They also account for your biggest wins.
  • Options
    PkDevilPkDevil Member Posts: 147
    edited December 2016
    It's a shame I don't get money for visits to my Sharkscope info. It'll be interesting to see what some of your performances have been like....I'm assuming all the critical commentators are winning players in current profit.....because afterall, it shows your weaknesses too.

Nighty night folks.....save me some of the popcorn puma :-)
  • Options
    The_eggsThe_eggs Member Posts: 57
    edited December 2016
    Gl with you grind and everything. I think the pressure of having poker as a sole income would be a difficult burdon to carry. Also not relying on it and allowing it to be an extra surprise when it comes is a really nice feeling. Can I ask though did you try and martingale the russian roulettes? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martingale_(probability_theory) ) as I feel it shows a lack of understanding on how it all works and maybe doesnt lend itself well as a mindset to have as a poker player,