You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

CONNECTION ISSUES - Advice Welcome

The_RuinerThe_Ruiner Member Posts: 58
edited December 2016 in Feedback & Suggestions
Hi Everyone,
i have been experiencing really bad conniection issues these past week or so.
all screens freeze and lose connection, refreshing does not work so i have to close the tables and my browser and start again.
normally when this is all done i have missed half a dozen hands and it is starting to get really frustrating and costly.

i have a very good internet connection at home
i use a quite expensive laptop which other than when on sky works super fast
i use google chrome and play thru my browser.

the problem seems to get worse when i have multiple tables running.
this is only a recent problem so i thought i would seek advice before taking my next steps and buy a new laptop at christmas can anyone confirm they are having the same issues?
or is there a particular PC/Laptop set up anyone can recommend to get the most enjoyment and best connection?
thanks

Stephen

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,120
    edited December 2016

Hi Stephen,

Are you playing on the Browser, or the Download?
  • Options
    scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited December 2016
    if you're using a browser clear the cache and history regularly, and make sure your flash player is up to date ( on chrome it is auto built in) ........ also try using a different browser from the one you're currently using.

If using the download I would suggest uninstalling both the Sky Poker client and adobe Air and do a fresh clean install,

also one last thing make an exception in your firewall and anti-virus for Sky Poker 

about all I can suggest and I hope it will help

GL at the tables 
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    hi guys,
    thanks for replying.

Hi Tikay - i am indeed using the browser and not the download.

in reply to Scouse - i clear my history after every poker session and also use C Cleaner to tidy up.

i'm no IT person but been told my laptop is a pretty high spec. with big memory, solid state drive (no idea what that means!) 
    so maybe it could be the home network but like i said all other devices in the house work really well.

maybe its a temporary issue which will resolve itself this week, i will report back if all is well tonight and tomorrow.
    thanks again for the replies

stephen
  • Options
    scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: CONNECTION ISSUES - Advice Welcome:
    hi guys, thanks for replying. Hi Tikay - i am indeed using the browser and not the download. in reply to Scouse - i clear my history after every poker session and also use C Cleaner to tidy up. i'm no IT person but been told my laptop is a pretty high spec. with big memory, solid state drive (no idea what that means!)  so maybe it could be the home network but like i said all other devices in the house work really well. maybe its a temporary issue which will resolve itself this week, i will report back if all is well tonight and tomorrow. thanks again for the replies stephen
    Posted by The_Ruiner
    Try changing your browser just to see if the problem continues / improves /  gets worse
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    unbelievably after 4-5 days of grief, last night was free from any problems :)
    so i'm hoping that this was a temporary connection issue that has gone away.
    it didnt get back to winning ways, but that will come!