You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

what must go through your mind?

dmwdmw Member Posts: 27
edited December 2021 in Strategy
not a bad beat thread, I just wondered in a bounty hunter, what goes through some ones head to call an all in pre flop with a 5 2??

was 50% of their stack? did they really think they was ahead? to push all in, I can understand if your short stacked or just trying to rob the blinds, but to actually call an all in pre flop???

and yes the flop was 5 5 2!!!!

the world is full of mysterious ways

Comments

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    edited January 2017

The blinds are 2000 / 4000

Player with  QQ hand shoves 800.

pot=4000+2000+800 =6800

Player with 52 has 1600 , its 800 to call, hes getting 8.5 to 1

• dmwdmw Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: what must go through your mind?:
    The blinds are 2000 / 4000 Player with  QQ hand shoves 800. pot=4000+2000+800 =6800 Player with 52 has 1600 , its 800 to call, hes getting 8.5 to 1
    Posted by mumsie
    ??? where you get that info?? I don't think that was the state of the game
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    edited January 2017
    Hi, DWM 

You posted  

not a bad beat thread, I just wondered in a bounty hunter, what goes through some ones head to call an all in pre flop with a 5 2?? was 50% of their stack?

In the....

As its not a bad beat story.

I invented a scenario where someone might call with half their stack with 52. 

Thinking that you were hoping for a debate, and I might learn something in the process.

• dmwdmw Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: what must go through your mind?:
    Hi, DWM   You posted   In the....   Tournament Strategy  f orum . As its not a bad beat story.  I invented a scenario where someone might call with half their stack with 52.  Thinking that you were hoping for a debate, and I might learn something in the process.
    Posted by mumsie
    ahhhh sorry mumsie,

nothing to learn from this I don't think, just one of those occasions when someone just randomly felt like calling, maybe they were bored or had to go out. really cant think of any other reason. only us 2 in the pot. they will lose a lot more than they win playing like that.

we all play games when someone does something completely stupid and they hit, no accounting for it.