You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Turbo DYM Nuts Ache

TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
edited December 2021 in Strategy
Ok so following on from Tikay's AK post where the general consensus was that jamming AK pre was a mistake into a raise and 4 callers, I'd like to throw up this companion piece.  It's an £11 Turbo DYM, still 6 handed.  The one stack not shown has 1575.  We have aces and 3 effective all ins in front of us.  We are now faced with calling with worse odds to win the hand outright than AK v one caller's range in the other one.  But it's aces.  WDYD?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
TommyD Small blind   75.00 75.00 1225.00
Juliv Big blind   150.00 225.00 1400.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

ALEEXYOOUN All-in   450.00 675.00 0.00
SMARTGOAT Fold     
KULLY74 Call   450.00 1125.00 125.00
Hsewell All-in   550.00 1675.00 0.00
TommyD ????                     

Comments

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited January 2017
    Call or click it to stick the other guy in?

Your liability isn't even too bad should the worse happen.
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited January 2017
    Yeah I just re-jam and take our chances, but then I was in the 'jam AK' camp in the other thread so...
  • edrichedrich Member Posts: 1,891
    edited January 2017
           All in. You are likely to be 60%+ to end the game here.

If you fold you will be effectively 4th with 1225 chips 4 handed.

Push and the worst case is 4th with 775 chips, (still playable), possibly 1000 if Alex wins and you beat the other two.

Ed.
  • SMARTGOATSMARTGOAT Member Posts: 477
    edited January 2017
    I was thinking of this scenario after reading Tikay's thread. I agree with Edrich, you're only risking half your stack to potentially end the game right here. If you lose the pot we're likely 4 handed and you still have enough chips to be in contention. There's also a chance the big blind calls your shove and then your big favourite for the side pot. 

I think if this was the first level and all stacks were equal it would be an incredibly disciplined fold
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810
    edited January 2017

There's a really odd extension to this one, Tommy.

6 players, it's the very first hand of a NLH DYM, the first 5 all go all-in for their 2,000 chips.

We are last to act, & have the aces.

It's the easiest fold ever, but how many here really WOULD fold? Bet it's less than 50%.

• stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Turbo DYM Nuts Ache:
    I was thinking of this scenario after reading Tikay's thread. I agree with Edrich, you're only risking half your stack to potentially end the game right here. If you lose the pot we're likely 4 handed and you still have enough chips to be in contention. There's also a chance the big blind calls your shove and then your big favourite for the side pot.  I think if this was the first level and all stacks were equal it would be an incredibly disciplined fold
    Posted by SMARTGOAT
    This

ALot different to the AK hand, we can end it here and hopefully be favourite for a small side pot. If he dosnt call his last 100 odd chips then we are fav to go 3 handed. Worst case we have over 700 chips on the bubble.
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited January 2017
    I think it's a jam, but is it a clear cut one? We are going to be roughly 50% assuming we end up v 3 players.

I think it is the stack sizes and the fact that we are still live and probably on the bubble even if things do go wrong.

I dont think it is really comparable to the AKs hand, while getting folds is possible there, we can easily be down to around 35% if we get 2 callers, We can also be bust in that hand and are likely to be flipping it with 1 caller. Winning it doesn't give us a lock on the cash never mind the cash.

Also in this hand it is hard to argue for better spots and the chance to outplay opponents if we pass, given it is an £11 BI and a turbo structire and the blinds are already at 75/150.

We could get called by the BB still and bust this hand, but we would have to be happy to have a side pot here 1v1 with AA.

Overall we are 50% to cash by winning the hand, if we lose the hand and have 700 chips on the bubble we muxt have a better than 20% chance of still cashing which surely make it worthwhile overall?

Easy to find spots where folding AA is correct in a DYM but I don't think this is one of them.
  • BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    I think this depends on Smartgoat's stack size.
    Realistic worse case scenario is 4 handed with hero left with 4BB against Smartgoat xBB, Juliv with 9BB and the winner of the all in with 13BB.
    If Smartgoat has around 6BB or under I'd call because you'll still have a decent shot at cashing. If there's a chance of being left against 3 big stacks (all at least double your residual stack) then I may lean towards a fold.

On a side note, what are these turbo DYMs like profitability wise vs normal DYMs on Sky?