You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Struggling on booble play in turbo dons

yourfiredyourfired Member Posts: 87
edited December 2021 in Strategy
You would think after playing nearly 12k turbo DON'S in like 3 months I would know the answer to these two question but it's the two places I struggle in the game and I'm after others opinions

Scenario 1 booble blinds 400-800 your in sb with 470 chips after posting blind,it's folded to you bb has 10 chips behind what would you do and why , I may be answering my own question here but are your whole cards are irrelevant ?

Scenario 2 again booble same blind situation big stack button shoves (has been very active) you have a rag ace, do you call knowing that the bb will now have a similar situation as scenario 1 and can fold , or do u fold knowing bb can now fold aswell and you will be all in next orbit,
I know what icm says I should do (or at least I think I do) but ingame what would you do and why please it is genuinely a spot that I come across a lot and struggle with

Thanks
Yfired
P.s hope the above makes sense

Comments

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    edited January 2017
    Squeeze boobles!

Anyone remember writing that on old calculators ?
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145
    edited January 2017
    8 00 8 1 3 5
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Struggling on booble play in turbo dons:
    You would think after playing nearly 12k turbo DON'S in like 3 months I would know the answer to these two question but it's the two places I struggle in the game and I'm after others opinions Scenario 1 booble blinds 400-800 your in sb with 470 chips after posting blind,it's folded to you bb has 10 chips behind what would you do and why , I may be answering my own question here but are your whole cards are irrelevant ? Scenario 2 again booble same blind situation big stack button shoves (has been very active) you have a rag ace, do you call knowing that the bb will now have a similar situation as scenario 1 and can fold , or do u fold knowing bb can now fold aswell and you will be all in next orbit, I know what icm says I should do (or at least I think I do) but ingame what would you do and why please it is genuinely a spot that I come across a lot and struggle with Thanks Yfired P.s hope the above makes sense
    Posted by yourfired
    1. Any 2 cards or you effectively let him DU.
    2. Not sure I follow here, so I will assume you are still in SB and 810 chips man is in BB...
    Fold (if you call he can fold and hope for the best) You still have 470 and he has to call or be forced all in with 10 chips next hand

• Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited January 2017
    1) deffo have to jam any two cards, or we gift him the 1200 chips and leave ourselves pretty screwed.

2) I'd fold anything that isn't vvv strong (so deffo fold a rag ace) because the BB either has to go all in or if he wants to fold he has 10 chips left and is all in next hand in the SB 

• yourfiredyourfired Member Posts: 87
    edited January 2017
    thanks for the replies I have obv been over thinking it, And being results oriented

yfired
  • Mr_CarpsMr_Carps Member Posts: 79
    edited January 2017
    I agree with Lambert and Hendrik on both hands.I'm happy it's not just me struggling with bubble decisions if you've played 12k games and sometimes find spots your unsure of there's hope for me yet. I think sometimes there are situations where it's very difficult to think through the right move especially with a few tables up.Anyway I just wanted to say you are one of only 2 players so far I've encountered at our level who I think are solid, I've got great respect for your game (lucky for me the other one doesn't play much so it's just you I've got to contend with lol).Good luck on the tables and keep crushing :)
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Struggling on booble play in turbo dons:
    I agree with Lambert and Hendrik on both hands.I'm happy it's not just me struggling with bubble decisions if you've played 12k games and sometimes find spots your unsure of there's hope for me yet. I think sometimes there are situations where it's very difficult to think through the right move especially with a few tables up.Anyway I just wanted to say you are one of only 2 players so far I've encountered at our level who I think are solid, I've got great respect for your game (lucky for me the other one doesn't play much so it's just you I've got to contend with lol).Good luck on the tables and keep crushing :)
    Posted by Mr_Carps
    thanks for the kind words mate,
    its just after having a two year hiatus from the game things that were once probs just standard spots are now causing me headaches

yfired
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Struggling on booble play in turbo dons:
    Squeeze boobles! Anyone remember writing that on old calculators ?
    Posted by Jac35
    ah 710 77345 shell oil is one I can remember
  • PkDevilPkDevil Member Posts: 147
    edited January 2017
    It may well be that you are struggling with the DoNs but grinding them has seemed to help your MTT play immensely. I notice you are now in profit overall and that your ROI has increased significantly....In short, keep on doing what you are doing.

As far as strategy goes, I have answers to both scenarios but as you are one of my reg opponents I think it would be unwise of me to share :-)

However, I will say this. As your main profits are from MTTs then I wouldn't get too hung up about it. The chances of making consistent profit, as you know, from DoNs is small. At least you are getting rake-back I assume. So in reality the DoNs for you are a means to an end - to place consistently in MTTs so that you can get involved in ones with bigger cash-outs as you plant that discipline down.

Look forward to playing you some more at the tables.