You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Turbo DON bubble spot right play?

Mr_CarpsMr_Carps Member Posts: 79
edited December 2021 in Strategy
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ASmall blind 150.00150.002340.00
BBig blind 250.00400.000.00
CYour hole cards
  • A
  • A

DCall 300.00700.002565.00
Mr_CarpsCall 300.001000.0095.00
ECall 150.001150.002190.00
*Disclaimer 1st strat post ever- I deleted names for anonymity (I haven't checked the rules)
I'm just trying to learn turbo's better I know ROI's are higher in normal DON's but when I've tried turbo's then go back to normal they take forever and learning turbo's is good for happy hours ;)

I keep finding myself in spots on the bubble where I'm totally unsure what to do.There were about 5 or 6 tonight but I haven't the time to go through and try to find them amongst the hundreds I played tonight unfortunately, I'll try to remember to write down the time in future.

This spot I'm a micro but the other micro is all in in the BB(Think he had 290 chipsish).My thinking is 1)Yay Aces lol 2)If I shove obv player D is never folding.If I fold and the BB wins I'm wrecked and D should call me any 2 next hand or if I don't shove that I'm forced in the blinds in the next 2 hands anyway.If I call and player D (and E though I didn't know at the time of my decision) are savvy and use the "co-op" strat I increase my chances of eliminating the BB with a tiny bit behind for a miracle should the BB win.I often see players shove at this level when there's a forced all in which is mental imo but that's another story.

So would anyone have done anything different and why or am I totally over thinking this spot?

Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited January 2017
    Interesting spot.

Calling feels right to co-operate and increase chances of busting the s/stack who is forced all-in on the BB.

I dont think shoving is the worse play in the world either. 

I don't understand why you say D is never folding if you shove? D absolutely should fold there if you shove and you will be a huge favourite to take the s/stack out on your own. The other advantage of that play is that if you lose you have only doubled up the s/stack. In the co-operative play they quadruple up and you are now the shortie.

I would have to crunch some numbers to be sure of the best play.

PS you do not have to anonymise players but it is considered good etiquette to do so.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145
    edited January 2017
    There are 5 players left yes? 

This is a shove all day (if it were on the bubble a check down is standard), by calling here all you do is allow others to come along and counterfeit your hand.

As Phantom said, you have plenty FE, player D can comfortably fold, player A can only ever call when he is super strong, so in all likelihood you either block or dominate hands he can call with.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    If there are 5 players and it is not the bubble you have to shove there and probably dont mind getting a caller other than the BB in any case.

However I think E might b A? So there are 4 players?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    OK. So having checked what I can see of stack sizes I can now see that

1. There are definitely only 4 players left
    2. You only had 95 chips behind, not 950 as I first thought, so we can forget about fold equity

I think calling to encourage the co-operative play from the SB and maximise your chances of busting the shorter stack has to be optimum here. You don't need to win this hand to cash you just need the short stack not to win and they have a random hand. They will probably only be about 10% to win v 3 opponents including your AA.

Shoving is pointless for the extra 95 chips imo, the bigger side pot should you finish 2nd to the short stack is not really worth the risk of busting if you finish 3rd/4th to the short stack.

Folding preserves your stack with 395 chips, but may discourage the SB to call and the s/stack suddenly has decent odds to survive and you do not have enough chips to survive the next round of blinds so shortie can fold SB and watch you take your chances.

• Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    edited January 2017
    I'd definitely be all-in here with AA. I'd probably limp along with a lower high pair (99-KK) & try & knock out the BB between you.

Edit - Ahhh, I also thought you had 950 behind, not 95. In that case I'm probably just calling & hoping to knock him out between you.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Turbo DON bubble spot right play?:
    OK. So having checked what I can see of stack sizes I can now see that 1. There are definitely only 4 players left 2. You only had 95 chips behind, not 950 as I first thought, so we can forget about fold equity I think calling to encourage the co-operative play from the SB and maximise your chances of busting the shorter stack has to be optimum here. You don't need to win this hand to cash you just need the short stack not to win and they have a random hand. They will probably only be about 10% to win v 3 opponents including your AA. Shoving is pointless for the extra 95 chips imo, the bigger side pot should you finish 2nd to the short stack is not really worth the risk of busting if you finish 3rd/4th to the short stack. Folding preserves your stack with 395 chips, but may discourage the SB to call and the s/stack suddenly has decent odds to survive and you do not have enough chips to survive the next round of blinds so shortie can fold SB and watch you take your chances.
    Posted by Phantom66

This clarifies a lot, and I fully agree.
  • Options
    Mr_CarpsMr_Carps Member Posts: 79
    edited January 2017
    Ahh my bad I messed up the HH!! Cheers for sorting Phantom E was indeed A.I didn't notice the stack sizes weren't quite clear too I'll work it out better for next time I post.Thanks for the responses guys I thought just limping and trying to coop to get the knockout was best but wanted clarification incase I was missing something obvious :)