You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Bubble

Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
edited December 2021 in Strategy
£22 dym
Blinds 100/200

Approx stacks 
Utg 5700
Button 2000
Me 2300
Bb 2000

Utg mins to 400
Folds to me in sb with 99

Extra info
Not a strong table
Button is losing player and has been giving me a few walks.
Bb is reasonably decent 
Utg is average

My thoughts at time were that utg hadn't been playing that many hands since getting his stack. Now he's opening utg. I don't think he's light.
But also he doesn't need to play any hands and if he calls a shove here then he could be back in the pack.
Was a bit unsure on what to do 

Comments

• edrichedrich Member Posts: 1,899
    edited January 2017
    Loads to think about here.

First the min raise.
                           Some will use this with a big stack to look strong, but knowing if anyone pushes, they can fold with minimum damage. Especially when the other three players have even, but playable stacks, and are looking at each other to to take on the big stack first. In this case you don't think this is what he is doing here, given he's been quiet so far. So I, like you, think this looks strong.
                           An  "average" player is more likely not to be thinking about folding to a push here, as in, "I have the chips". If utg doubles you up here, they still have a decent 3400 stack which may encourage them to call your push. A better player is more likely to fold, but you would also presumably, have a better read on what the min raise represents with them. 

You have a slightly bigger stack than the other two and the button next, so this helps. Also, I would imagine, a better understanding of bubble play than the other two, (which could mean pushing here with 99, what do I know).

So all in all I think I can fold here. (And then maybe, in a couple of orbits, wish I could have the 99 hand back).

Ed.
  • LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    edited January 2017
    Tough spot, like Ed alluded to, if they are good enough to fold, shoving is a viable play as it folds out most holdings, a good player with a decent CL here wouldn't want to be back in the pack after calling it off marginally.

However, from what you have said they are not, so I'm leaning towards a fold. The last thing we want is to be flipping when we have an edge, hating life when they snap q10s etc

• Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited January 2017
    Think I am folding there, mainly beacuase as described the opener has a strong range and also because you have position on the weakest player at the table and you have a small lead over the 2 10bb stacks.