You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

joke poker

2»

Comments

• Options
    F1N63RSF1N63RS Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2017
    I have played on Sky for a number of years and had plenty of bad beats

What no one ever does though is come on a forum and tell you about all the times they get it in ahead and actually win

Wouldn't that be a dull thread though??
  • Options
    dmwdmw Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2017
    sky doesn't favour anyone, but software is certainly set up to deal action hands. low straight v high straight, straight v flushes, 2 pair v trips, all sorts! flops to get 2 or more people interested. Action hands to get people involved in the hand and eventually for someone to be knocked out, who ever it may be. All we hope is we are on the right end of it, at least some of the time.
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited March 2017
    In cash on here today i had set beat by set ,set beat by river flush and KK beat twice by 4s BUT i continued with pateince and got most back and got lucky when my JJ beat aces so im basically saying it happens because its a game of statistics and variance..

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: joke poker:
    sky doesn't favour anyone, but software is certainly set up to deal action hands. low straight v high straight, straight v flushes, 2 pair v trips, all sorts! flops to get 2 or more people interested. Action hands to get people involved in the hand and eventually for someone to be knocked out, who ever it may be. All we hope is we are on the right end of it, at least some of the time.
    Posted by dmw

No.

Poker by it's very nature is an action game. Sky don't need to do anything to this. For all the times you see set over set or flush over flush (or whatever) you forget about the previous 20 times that a single raise has taken the blinds or a cbet has won a pot with no drama whatsoever.

If you think it's anything other than random, then more fool you for playing here.
  • Options
    shepspaulshepspaul Member Posts: 61
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: joke poker : No. Poker by it's very nature is an action game. Sky don't need to do anything to this. For all the times you see set over set or flush over flush (or whatever) you forget about the previous 20 times that a single raise has taken the blinds or a cbet has won a pot with no drama whatsoever. If you think it's anything other than random, then more fool you for playing here.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    says one of the most looked after men on sky poker
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    In Response to joke poker:
    having been rivered more than I need to no ... this site has become a complete joke bad beat after bad beat its not real
    Posted by bibxxx
    just totally bent get used to it fekkin stinks
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Posted by dmw
    believe that and you will believe anything
  • Options
    swanstuswanstu Member Posts: 261
    edited June 2017

It's the days like I've had today that get you - been doing ok until today, but today it's been impossible - getting my cards in 3 tournaments in a row ahead for both of the big stacks only to get outdrawn three times in a row finished me (that was after a horrendous run rest of the day too!).

My set beaten by pair all in flop

My straight beaten by their flush draw all in on turn

My higher set beaten by the lower set all in flop

(my last 3 sngs today - all with full stacks not SSs in on these hands)

Smaller games, played about 20 including cash and flush draws all in beaten me 10 times today on river!

Bad beats hurt, but runs of bad beats certainly hurt much more. Well furked off. Well not wanting poker right now, whats the point...............
  • Options
    swanstuswanstu Member Posts: 261
    edited June 2017
    Addendum: just finally managed to luckbox my way to a sng win (while on tilt)

So it is swings and roundabouts, just they make you sick at times.
  • Options
    LexLuthorLexLuthor Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2017
    I do not like calling a poker site a joke as I choose to play here. What I do not understand is why I am not allowed to win a hand as if any game I enter the percentages are against me from either winning a hand or even a compteition. It feels as SkyPoker is excempting my entry fee and saying thankyou but you have no chance of anything. It is easier for me to bet on the horses than betting on a hand that I have no chance of winning. Hands that are dealt to the table, are favouring players who possibly have good accounts with funds standing and not withdrawn. Your dealing of hands appear with what I call teaser cards, where I am sitting with two cards of the same suit or possibly for a run and the comminutity cards dealt with a flop of two of the same suit I am sitting with or with two cards for a run and this will sit like this through the game.  I have tried dealing cards like this at home and numerous times I have never found four like you do with your random deals. River cards as been highlighted always comes to a hand that is still being played, this is not appeared once or twice but continous.  Fair play is not taking place and random cards are being dealt to players who either have the most chips or what I have witness and done, being first all in. First all in players hold advantage is unbeliveable, cards randomly come to them, which is shocking. A friend of mine was watching on and I had two pair and a run could be had and I quickly mentioned to him the ace will be the river for the run and this appeared, he looked at me with shock, I said this happens more times than we have had hot dinners. Poker should be played fair and not be cheated by, the players that are taking part are all being cheated and what we all should do is take our leave and not play, this will not happen as you at Skypoker and other sites know would not happen.  Because if players did leave, these sites would panic and look more serious at their random dealing cards  Come on Skybet be the first to look at your tables and random card set up as the software looks to be corrupt and needs to be looked at. As for me I be back in another game hoping the switch can be flicked for a chance of winning, even though my account does not read full with pennies but I do deposit enough.
    Posted by colalan

I think a big part of the problem mentally and emotionlly for a lot of players is that they don't really understand the true nature of variance in NLHE.  They think they do, but they don't.

For your own sanity I really would take the time to do some research around the subject it will help you to understand the real 'game' that you're playing.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited July 2017

^^^

Excellent post by Lex who is spot on.