You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Why always me...

AKrazyMFAKrazyMF Member Posts: 5
edited March 2017 in Brags, Beats and Variance
okay, so in a free tournement but still annoying...

10-10 My BB

1 guy across the table shoves ( I'm obviously never folding 10's In a turbo tournement ) so he shows A4Rags.. ofcourse he hits his ace...  

KK my bb again, anyways folding over to SB and the guy raises, He wasn't raisisng often so knew he might be strong but obviously never folding KK so I 3 bet it making them commit half their stack, and ofcourse I'm wanting it all in on flop, flop faily safe can't remember the cards but safe for KK after making them commit anyways so I check to allow them to donk which they did, I call it down and they show a set...

another badbeat/cooler 
Q9 clubs, made a flush on river, didn't overbet it just bet for value as the board was paired, this was In a turbo double so you can't really play scared with hands like this, guy accroess the table shoves, so I call and he showed the nuts flush. 

just seems to be me all the time, and the last hand I played in the freeroll, was 10-7 but I knew the guy on the bb was calling me down with any 2 as by this time I dwindled to 3.5bb so I shoved he turns over 9-6 sure enough he makes trips... its funny though that it always comes down to people dropping me from all ins pre flop with a weaker hand, yet had I made a hand and jammed I'd probably only get folds. its not like I'm so tight that everyone should fold either I tend to be well balanced.. I just don't see how its mathmatically possible, and I never seem toi be on the good end of a suckout unless it really doesn't matter like when I'm forced to jamm with garbige.

Comments

• Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited March 2017
    Happens to everyone at sometime.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Why always me...:
    Happens to everyone at sometime. All the best. Rainman215.
    Posted by rainman215
    thanks dude, just seems to be ongoing, and ofcourse thrustrating, seemed to have calmed down a bit since earlier though, I also realised the posted in the wrong forum? 
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    edited March 2017
    Yo dudey Rain, u clubbing tonight.
  • Options
    arragonarragon Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2017
    ben there n bought the t-shirt .chin up it gets better:)
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,168
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Why always me...:
    okay, so in a free tournement but still annoying... 10-10 My BB 1 guy across the table shoves ( I'm obviously never folding 10's In a turbo tournement ) so he shows A4Rags.. ofcourse he hits his ace...   KK my bb again, anyways folding over to SB and the guy raises, He wasn't raisisng often so knew he might be strong but obviously never folding KK so I 3 bet it making them commit half their stack, and ofcourse I'm wanting it all in on flop, flop faily safe can't remember the cards but safe for KK after making them commit anyways so I check to allow them to donk which they did, I call it down and they show a set... another badbeat/cooler  Q9 clubs, made a flush on river, didn't overbet it just bet for value as the board was paired, this was In a turbo double so you can't really play scared with hands like this, guy accroess the table shoves, so I call and he showed the nuts flush.  just seems to be me all the time, and the last hand I played in the freeroll, was 10-7 but I knew the guy on the bb was calling me down with any 2 as by this time I dwindled to 3.5bb so I shoved he turns over 9-6 sure enough he makes trips... its funny though that it always comes down to people dropping me from all ins pre flop with a weaker hand, yet had I made a hand and jammed I'd probably only get folds. its not like I'm so tight that everyone should fold either I tend to be well balanced.. I just don't see how its mathmatically possible, and I never seem toi be on the good end of a suckout unless it really doesn't matter like when I'm forced to jamm with garbige.
    Posted by AKrazyMF

1. The board has paired and he shoves over your value bet, what do you actually think he does that with?

2. Its not.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Why always me... : 1. The board has paired and he shoves over your value bet, what do you actually think he does that with? 2. Its not.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    its also a turbo, with blinds killing everyone off, flush is not a call then Idk what is? I'm just saying. obviously if its cash game and hardly nothing was committed into the pot I'm folding, but its not, at the moment I'm trying to break evens and make some VIP points which hopefully build my bankroll over time. as its hard to make profit when I don't really have money to invest.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    edited March 2017
    You lost 3 all-in pots and you're still in the game?  Presumably then you must have won some chips along the way.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Another 1 today and I've hardly played, 99 vs 55, 2 outed yay.
    and another 1, 99 vs a7
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited March 2017
    Another 1 today and I've hardly played, 99 vs 55, 2 outed yay. and another 1, 99 vs a7
    Posted by AKrazyMF
    If you play a reasonable quantity of games, this will happen to you every single day.

Over the right sample size, the mathematics says it must.

You need to accept this, & get used to it, or the pain will continue as long as you play poker, here or elsewhere.

On AVERAGE your overpair will lose to an underpair 18% of the time. Play that coup 100 times & you will lose it 18 times ON AVERAGE.

Your 9-9 will lose to A-7 a whopping 28% of the time. Play that match up 100 times & you will lose it 28 times on average. 

It's simple maths, not "always me". It's "always everyone".

Remember, too, you are just as often the other side of the equation. You win with the underpair, or the one outer A.