You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

anyone been to vegas?

cybermancyberman Member Posts: 7
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Been there and back for the last 5 years now and come back better off each time...

Have you been? Profit or loss? You had to have enjoyed it regardless

on a side note, the Americans are the friendliest people ive ever sat  around a poker table with...only drawback is that poker rooms back home just dont look the same when you return

Comments

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    Been to Widnes
  • Options
    MohicanMohican Member Posts: 1,422
    edited February 2010
    Got married there.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: anyone been to vegas?:
    Got married there.
    Posted by Mohican
    In Widnes? ................ Nice!
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited February 2010
    Going there in 10 days time, intend on playing the 1pm tournament at Aria (nice deepstack - new poker venue) and James Hartigan recommended the noon tournament at Caesars so off to play there.

I went in September last year and cashed in 2 small tourneys and had mixed results in cash games, came out even on the trip!

Agree that the tables are very friendly

Dave
  • Options
    Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited February 2010
    Been twice, went there for my honeymoon - and she decided to go there! (I run good on 'marriage variance', obviously).

Love the place. The one thing I have noticed now is that dining out over there is getting more expensive while the accomodation is getting cheaper. With the recession they know what to do to drag you in, then make sure they ge their money's worth out of you on the dining/entertainment front. Still, it's the best place on earth imo.

Oh, and the wife is American. She's friendly enough, so no complaints there :P
  • Options
    BelovedLtdBelovedLtd Member Posts: 188
    edited February 2010
    I've been once, in 2007, but I'm planning on going back at the end of this year or the beginning of next.

When I went before I made a profit in every type of gambling I tried - cash poker, tournament poker, video poker, roulette, slot machines, blackjack, video blackjack (and I've probably missed a few out).

The only problem is that now I think this is going to be balanced out when I go back and I expect to lose at everything I try :D
  • Options
    AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
    edited February 2010
    n Response to Re: anyone been to vegas?:
    In Response to Re: anyone been to vegas? : In Widnes? ................ Nice!
    Posted by elsadog

LOL. NICE SYRUP ELS !!