You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SkyBet Banners

EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
edited March 2017 in Feedback & Suggestions
Pretty much every website I go to at the moment loads really slowly and I get an 'unresponsive due to long running script' message. When I stop the script hey presto an all singing all dancing add for Skybet shows up.

It certainly isn't encouraging me to visit Skybet. Am I paying the penalty for accidently hitting the Skybet on the Skypoker home page or are other suffering from this too?

Comments

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited March 2017
    I'm guessing they're adsense banners so they're targeted towards things you've shown interest in.
    I'd recommend running a blocker which cuts out most of these type of adverts. Adblock Plus is very very good (it's an add-on for your browser).
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: SkyBet Banners:
    I'm guessing they're adsense banners so they're targeted towards things you've shown interest in. I'd recommend running a blocker which cuts out most of these type of adverts. Adblock Plus is very very good (it's an add-on for your browser).
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    The last time I clicked on the Skybet tab on the main forum was only a couple fo days ago by mistake so that's where it's come from. I haven't placed a bet on there since having a few free ones a while ago. I'm not a betting man. Thanks for the tip, I'll try that if it persists.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: SkyBet Banners:
    In Response to Re: SkyBet Banners : The last time I clicked on the Skybet tab on the main forum was only a couple fo days ago by mistake so that's where it's come from. I haven't placed a bet on there since having a few free ones a while ago. I'm not a betting man. Thanks for the tip, I'll try that if it persists.
    Posted by Enut

I think everyone should run Adblock all the time. It's amazing the number of ads it's cuts out. Most websites you visit run ads which it'll block (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Daily Fail Celeb Gossip, etc..etc) which will improve your web experience :)