You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Need more time!

DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
edited April 2017 in Feedback & Suggestions
Sky newbie here - made my first deposit tonight and gave the cash games a good going over.

I'm finding that I often don't have enough time to act at various points in hands if I have a tricky decision to make (it seems to be around 15 seconds per street which is pretty measly compared to other places I've played in the past). 30 seconds per street plus an optional 30 second timebank for those real tough spots would be ideal in my opinion. 

I did a little search and know this has been discussed before on the forums but thought I'd add my voice to the debate as someone new to the site. Still, other than feeling a little rushed, I thoroughly enjoyed my first outing here at Sky - there certainly are some wild players round these parts! 

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    edited April 2017
    Welcome to the forum 

Good post
    My own view is that it isn't needed but that may just be because I've played on here for a long time and so I'm used to it.

What stakes do you play?
    Juts going to be playing cash or you going to be trying the mtts as well?
    Plenty of Vegas sats right now that might be worth a look.

Just a tip but probably best to try 'Poker chat' for more feedback. This should be the right place but nowhere apart from 'Poker chat' sees much traffic.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

I only really play cash games as I much prefer deep stacked play with more room to manoeuvre on later streets - probably why I'd like the extra time I guess! Appreciate the mtt tips though and may well venture over to those if ever I fancy a change.

As for stakes, I've only played at the 4nl tables so far. I started with a very small deposit just to try out the software and see what I thought of the site with the intention of depositing more and playing higher if I liked it. Things have gone pretty well so far so I may just turn this into a little bankroll challenge and see how far I can take my micro deposit. 

I'll be sure to head over to 'Poker Chat' if I need any questions answering.

Thanks again :-)
  • Options
    shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited April 2017

Not sure of the exact time difference (maybe 30 seconds per decision?) but if you play the deep stack cash games, that start at NL10, then the timer is slower (so gl running your roll up so you can move to those games!)

A time bank would be awesome from a personal point of view, but I'd be surprised if Sky ever introduced it. 

The site is (rightly) focussed on making the game as good as possible for recreational players, the majority of which are only playing 1 table, maybe 2 or 3 at most.  They predominantly want fast action and don't want to wait for multi-tablers to take up to a minute to click a button.

Best to keep those recreational players happy as that in turn leads to "there certainly are some wild players round these parts!" and gives more regular players a better chance of winning than they may experience on other poker sites.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Hi shakinaces

I see what you mean about the deep stacked games - I played a deep stacked mtt with a free ticket last night and the time for descisions was significatly longer. I also played some 20nl cash (had you on a couple of tables of mine actually) and the time seemed to tick down more slowly there too. Do you get more time on the higher stakes than at 4nl or is it just me getting more used to the site?

I completely aggree about keeping the site as rec friendly as possible. I've played online poker on and off since all the way back in 2003 (not sure why I'd never checked out Sky before tbh) and coming over to Sky is like entering an online poker time warp (in a a good way!). It's really nice to be in games again where people people seem be having fun and actually using the chat box - I can't remember the last time I saw an 'nh' or a 'gl' elsewhere! A very pleasant change to the armies of silent Eastern European nitregs that flood the international sites.