You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Money ADDED - NOT Gtd.

CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi posted this in community suggestions, seeing as that place never gets looked, thought I might post it here.

How about some tournaments which instead of having money guranteed have money added. For example say the average Primo gets 500 players, thats 500 * 30, = 15k. Which means there is little money actually GTD. Instead if Sky add about 5k. Thats 500 * 30 (15k) + (5k) = 20k, so there is still value in playing the tournament.

Comments

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    That's a 5k overlay then .............. it'll be popular in suit-city I bet.

Silly Moo!
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited February 2010
    can see that happening----you avin a larf???!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ok the example wrnt great, perhaps like 2k added, they prob make alot of that up with the extra players
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    But that's still a £500 overlay. Sites have budgets for promotional activity but you can't expect any site to permanently overlay a tournament. Try going to your local shop and see if they give you a free Mars bar and 10p cash-back.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    try going to your local doggie barbers and see what kind of an overlay they put on your head
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ok put the rake up to £5, then add 2k , they are makin £500 profit
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Money ADDED - NOT Gtd.:
    try going to your local doggie barbers and see what kind of an overlay they put on your head
    Posted by oynutter
    I paid a lot of money for my 'hair-do'

Apparently, it's ''Genuine Axminster'' according to the label.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    there once was cow go moo

that had an idea on the loo

she posted it here

and decided oh dear

I do wish I had thought it through
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Money ADDED - NOT Gtd. : I paid a lot of money for my 'hair-do' Apparently, it's ''Genuine Axminster'' according to the label.
    Posted by elsadog
    don't worry elsa, most doggies have trouble reading---your wig is actually from the BBC props dept-- the label say's "yes minister"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Money ADDED - NOT Gtd. : don't worry elsa, most doggies have trouble reading---your wig is actually from the BBC props dept-- the label say's "yes minister"
    Posted by oynutter

I may need to re-think my image.............. not that my hair-do embarrasses me or anything, you understand.

• Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,241
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Money ADDED - NOT Gtd.:
    Hi posted this in community suggestions, seeing as that place never gets looked, thought I might post it here. How about some tournaments which instead of having money guranteed have money added. For example say the average Primo gets 500 players, thats 500 * 30, = 15k. Which means there is little money actually GTD. Instead if Sky add about 5k. Thats 500 * 30 (15k) + (5k) = 20k, so there is still value in playing the tournament.
    Posted by Cowgomoo

I won't mention the name of the sites but i play on one inparticular where they do this.

Each night at 8pm there will be a game where they add between 100 and 1000 pounds to the pot depending on the day of the week and stake (stakes between 5-10 pound buy ins)

As such this provides great value and are very popular.

I think its a good idea as it gets the punter onto your site where they are more likely to stay and play other games as they willl still have money left to spend after the game unless off course your very shreud and only use the site for those added bonus games, but there ar'nt many of those

Ps How many money gtd games has anyone seen where there is extra value because there arn't a full compliment of players? Ive seen 1 where is was 3 short
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Money ADDED - NOT Gtd. : I won't mention the name of the sites but i play on one inparticular where they do this. Each night at 8pm there will be a game where they add between 100 and 1000 pounds to the pot depending on the day of the week and stake (stakes between 5-10 pound buy ins) As such this provides great value and are very popular. I think its a good idea as it gets the punter onto your site where they are more likely to stay and play other games as they willl still have money left to spend after the game unless off course your very shreud and only use the site for those added bonus games, but there ar'nt many of those Ps How many money gtd games has anyone seen where there is extra value because there arn't a full compliment of players? Ive seen 1 where is was 3 short
    Posted by MP33
    Yeah you're right, Sky gives nothing to the punters, absolutely nothing. Oh! unless you count the Freerolls, the free tournament entries, the TKO, the posters freeroll etc. etc. And I think you'll find there have been numerous guaranteed tournaments where there have been substantial overlays.

I see the point here but as the numbers increase on the site so will the guarantees. Sky is still in it's infancy, but growing nicely.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited February 2010
    But that's still a £500 overlay. Sites have budgets for promotional activity but you can't expect any site to permanently overlay a tournament. Try going to your local shop and see if they give you a free Mars bar and 10p cash-back.
    Posted by elsadog
     I tried this in my local shop and they told me to **** *** you chancing ******, which i took to mean no. I suppose the moral of this is that your local shop aint like your local poker site lool.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Money ADDED - NOT Gtd. :  I tried this in my local shop and they told me to **** *** you chancing ******, which i took to mean no. I suppose the moral of this is that your local shop aint like your local poker site lool.
    Posted by loonytoons

Looney, Looney, Looney.......... it wasn't a suggestion. But you're right that was definitely a no!
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,685
    edited February 2010
    stop it you lot i cant stop laughing