You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sit and Go recordings

Alter3goAlter3go Member Posts: 2
edited December 2021 in Strategy
Hello

I am new to sky poker. I started well with tournaments then tried the sit and gos. I get the feeling the way the hands are generated are not the same. I am getting the worst string of bad beats. Really insane outcomes. Maybe I am missing a trick, but I would like to post some hands here and get some feedback. Unless the generate that created random cards IS actually different for tournaments and sit and gos. As I play I will post.

My last sit and go ended with:

my A9 getting a split with A6 - I shoved from SB on BB and BB called pre flop

and my QJ losing to Q5 - SB kept shoving on my BB so I called him with this hand and lost. 5 on the flop

Blinds at this stage were 150/300. I lost a hand A10 vs AQ and had around 1400 chips left. Could I have done something more or played the cards better? Or should i have never made those plays?

Comments

• Options
    reelerreeler Member Posts: 416
    edited April 2017
    suck it up happens to us all
  • Options
    Alter3goAlter3go Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2017
    This is how my last sit and go finished, but its off the back of about 6-7 sit and gos that I have not posted. This was not as bad as the others but the trend was worrying which is why I made this post.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    edited April 2017
    Welcome to the forum. Your post is much more polite than most of these
    However 
    Please refer to the 8754 other rigged threads started by people who have made 5 posts or less to get some answers 
  • Options
    Goose1234Goose1234 Member Posts: 1
    DYM is definitely rigged.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    Goose1234 said:

In whose favour?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174
    Goose1234 said:

Hi @Goose1234

Do you have some evidence to back that up, please?

How do you know they are "definitely rigged"?
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    Alter3go said:

Hello

I am new to sky poker. I started well with tournaments then tried the sit and gos. I get the feeling the way the hands are generated are not the same. I am getting the worst string of bad beats. Really insane outcomes. Maybe I am missing a trick, but I would like to post some hands here and get some feedback. Unless the generate that created random cards IS actually different for tournaments and sit and gos. As I play I will post.

My last sit and go ended with:

and my QJ losing to Q5 - SB kept shoving on my BB so I called him with this hand and lost. 5 on the flop

Blinds at this stage were 150/300. I lost a hand A10 vs AQ and had around 1400 chips left. Could I have done something more or played the cards better? Or should i have never made those plays?

Hi Mate, I get your frustration but this is poker regardless of if you are a losing player or one of the worlds elite - bad beats happen, win streaks happen and everything inbetween happens also.

You just need to ensure you are making the best possible decision every time.

Split happens in this spot just over 15% - just over 1 in every 6 times nothing to see here lets move on.

The fact that sb keeps shoving means you should open up your calling range but to have any idea if you made the right call we need to know a few facts

a.) was this a standard sng or DYM
    b.) blind levels
    c.) your chip stack relative to the tables
    d.) Were you sited or unsuited

So much of this is going to depend on the information above. If you have 5bb with 5 players left than yes its a snap call.... if you have 30bb on the bubble then its a snap fold

Again we could do with the information above but you got it in behind and a shove pre is almost always going to be correct (if a DYM potentially not)

You lost the hand, but will still win 24% of the time in this spot nothing to see here.

I would strongly suggest posting some specific hands in this strategy forum, provide detailed information and some of the strongest poker minds on the site will help you out.

The site is not rigged, the RNG is not rigged.... self enlightenment is the only thing that will help here so do a little reaserch into variance etc.

I am a winning player in poker, but I am more than likely break even or worse for the year on Sky Specifically - i have suffered 2 outers on final table major bubbles for the chip lead and had week after week of not knowing how things will change.... but they will... they always do.

Work hard study hard reap the benefits.... but most of all try to enjoy the ride!

best of luck

Danny