You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

No "GRIND", so a quick Make Your Play tonight!

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

Sorry I'm late putting this up, but I had some sleepage issues this afternoon in the Green Room which has delayed me.

So, this is the coup.

It's a 6 handed Table, only 2 players in the hand, & it's £1 £2 Cash,

Hero has £236, & Villain £214. It's a fairly straightforward hand really, but the key - imo - is the stack sizes, & at what stage - if any - do we get pot-stuck. 

Hero is SB, & has Ac-Tc

All fold to Villain, who limps in for £2, Hero on SB pops it up to £6, folded back to Villain who makes the Call. Hmm, not much info on Villains hand then......

FLOP = Td-2d-5c

Our Hero, in the SB, makes it £14 to go. But Villain now back-raises it up to £39!

Whoops.

What does Hero do now?

VOTE please, & also.....

1) Reply on Thread, or.....

2) e-Mail the Show on skyopen@bskyb.com

And Rich or myself will try & read out the best replies.

And don't forget to Vote!

Comments

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    I imagined the hero was TK and decided it would 100% be the last option. Isn't that a standard problem for the aged?
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010

lol wet myself ,

then fold and say i need to go to the changing room,

villans reraise is telling me overpair .

rover and out to the toilet !

• Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited February 2010
    I woulld fold for sure,it stinks of an overpair or even villain flat calling the raise with a pair and hit his set.dav
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited February 2010
    Id raise and get it in, we are beating a lot of top pair hands and flush draws, only losing to a set or overpair, ill take those odds.
  • Options
    mabsuemabsue Member Posts: 382
    edited February 2010
    I fold figure he has one of two options villains has either limped with a monster/ high pair jacks maybe hoping for a safe flop not wanted to ship it preflop or he has limped hoping to catch a set which it would appear he now has done at very best i have top pair versus a flush draw if i call this bet can i call if another Diamond falls on the turn probably not so save the awkward decision i fold
  • Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited February 2010
    I raise here as it looks like has is re raising with the flush draw or weak 10.. re pop to find out where you are.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010

Im not folding.....stufff that! Lol its a heads up pot, I have TP TK, if I fold here just coz he has raised, then Im an ultra paranoid wimp. Its standard stuff, he could be using his position, to take us off the pot, he could think his ace high is good, he could just be a nutter!

Wether I raise or fold, is dependant on how I feel at the time, how the guy has been playing, and just go with what my instincts tell me. 

If I raise here, Im making it too easy for him to stack me if he has the nuts - or 4 bet semi bluff me with overs and a flush draw...

Calling allows for another card, alot of which are gonna look scary, but having got to know the guy, I'll have him on a strict range of hands, and I can filter out the possible scare cards from the safe cards (IMO)

Not gonna vote as alot of the time I raise, and sometimes, I call (call will be unpopular again but as long as I know where I am in the hand - based on history/player tenancies and instincts, I dont mind playing down the streets)

DOHH

• Options
    dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited February 2010
    Depends on the read you have on the Villain - very much player dependant, against a LAG i re raise, against a TAG I fold and find a better spot to get my money back ;)
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    The villain has limped on the button right? What does everyone think of this? I really dont understand why anyone would limp on the button tbh... maybe he had like a big PP and wanted the blinds in or something :S... but then wouldn't he be tempted to limp reraise? or though that might give away his hand.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited February 2010
    It's a raise for me.  Playing out of position, its pointless calling as I'm moving the problem down the streets.  By raising, it's helping to define the opponents hand range a bit more. 
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: No "GRIND", so a quick Make Your Play tonight!:
    It's a raise for me.  Playing out of position, its pointless calling as I'm moving the problem down the streets.  By raising, it's helping to define the opponents hand range a bit more. 
    Posted by phil12uk
    What size raise can we make that doesn't pot commit us?

• Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited February 2010
    Surprised at the responses here.. to me we have 2 options and its Fold or Call. If we raise here we have to call it off.. and what are we expecting villain to get it in here with that we beat K10? He should never be shoving worse than A10 and he has limped preflop remember. This stinks of the play of a small pair to me and a flopped set of deuces or fives. We can call here and re-evaluate on the turn if he checks the turn Villain might have limped in with A-4/A-3 or maybe even 6s/7s/8s and reraised the flop with a wheel draw as a semi bluff or the medium pair to see where he is.

He could also have a flush draw with the wheel draw also. If he has a hand like KQ of diamonds (2 overs and a FD he is slight favourite vs our hand also). 

If we call the flop bet and he bets the turn unless we turn the backdoor flush draw (clubs) its an easy fold for me. 
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    He cant backraise if he hasn't acted !!!!!

If you're raising this hand preflop then bet cawl the flop without a specific read

Imo the limp call on the button defines the villains hand somewhat as a playable but speculative hand where he wont like alot of boards. If you've ever seen him go to showdown having raised the button I think you can start to build a range. Alot of people like to limp call monsters rather than chase people out  but you'll soon learn that and can make a note for future reference. Without a read I would prefer to raise 67s than ATs here. 

edit btw I voted wet myself, couldn't help it!
  • Options
    BrownnDogBrownnDog Member Posts: 729
    edited February 2010
    Call or Fold depending on perception of Villain. As a standard rule here I call and take the turn and re-evaluate. This is almost never a raise versus most opponents.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    Fold to his three little ducks
  • Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited February 2010
    If the Villan's name is Doyle  I fold lol

Anyone else I raise as see what he does