You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How to make a Straight Flush and not get paid!!

dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £51.36
Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £56.64
  Your hole cards
  • A

Fold     
Call  £1.00 £2.50 £87.00
Fold     
dylan12 Call  £1.00 £3.50 £114.50
ACall  £0.50 £4.00 £50.86
Raise  £2.00 £6.00 £54.64
Call  £2.00 £8.00 £85.00
dylan12 Call  £2.00 £10.00 £112.50
AFold     
Flop

BBet  £4.00 £14.00 £50.64
Call  £4.00 £18.00 £81.00
dylan12 Call  £4.00 £22.00 £108.50
Turn

BCheck     
DBet  £4.00 £26.00 £77.00
dylan12 Call  £4.00 £30.00 £104.50
Fold     
River

Bet £10.00 £40.00 £67.00
dylan12 Fold     
Muck     
Win  £38.50  £105.50

Comments

• Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited February 2010
    amazing! what happened there?

did you click the wrong button by mistake or were you timed out??
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I try and re raise to make a value bet on the river but it won't allow me to do this, In desperation I try to even press the call button but It just won't allow me to do it - the timer just runs down and folds my hand - This is the first time I have had a problem on this site and what a hand to get a problem with - so frustrating not being able to bet out even though I press it so many times!! Thinking it was a problem with my laptop - but it wasn't because all other programmes were working fine and 5 seconds later in a new hand everything is working fine again and I can raise no problems!! Anyone else had this problem in the past??

Nothing I can do about it now - I lost £11, but it could have been more!! Just frustrated really, make a straight flush and don't get paid :(
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited February 2010
    I think you should have called, higher straight flush was unlikely, especially with the price you gettting.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How to make a Straight Flush and not get paid!!:
    I think you should have called, higher straight flush was unlikely, especially with the price you gettting.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    im not sure if you are being serious or not!!??
    if the other guy had 6 7 of diamonds dylan had the 4!! surely theres no way u can lose?
    he had the nuts theres no way he wasnt at least calling!!!

dylan if i were you id take down the hand id and go to the chat and ask for the money back as theres no way you were not going to at least call in that spot!
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How to make a Straight Flush and not get paid!! : im not sure if you are being serious or not!!?? he had the nuts theres no way he wasnt at least calling!!! dylan if i were you id take down the hand id and go to the chat and ask for the money back as theres no way you were not going to call in that spot!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Oh I see.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How to make a Straight Flush and not get paid!! : he had the nuts theres no way he wasnt at least calling!!! dylan if i were you id take down the had id and go to the chat and ask for the money back as theres no way you were not going to call in the spot!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Yeah mate, went to CC straight after and they told me to email help@skypoker, they just got back to me and said that I need to download the latest edition of Adobe Flash Player - which I have anyway, and that I won't get any money back for this hand because I showed a profit on the table - Just so frustrating but nothing I can do about it - they don't take the blame and I know it's nothing wrong with my internet connection or laptop, but what can i do - cry lol!!

As I said previously, I only invested £11, but imo that aint the point - felt I missed out on a big pot there possibly!! :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    feel sorry for you there!

i lost connection in a dym on the bubble and couldnt get back to the game!

as far as i was concerned my connection was fine.

i contacted customer support and they gave my buy in back but they still insisted it wasnt a problem there end!!

if that was the case why would they give my money back??
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    I won't get any money back for this hand because I showed a profit on the table

W TF is this garbage.  ok fair enough that they aren't gonna refund but this reason is just so so stupid.

anyway when playing on Sky I find it best to totally close down any programmes that I don't need (MSN/iTunes/Download managers etc) because you need all the RAM for when you are multi-tabling.

you have to use CTRL ALT DEL tho to shut them down because a lot of programmes, especially Apple based ones, don't actually shut down when you press X, they still run in the background.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

The fact that i lose the £10 invested in the hand doesn't really bother me but them saying that because I showed a profit at the table as the reasoning behind me not getting reimbursed was the thing that baffled me!!

I understand that Sky aint gonna say it was a flaw on their side and I certinally know it wasn't a flaw on my side because my mate was playing in the same room and during this hand he was on another site playing and having no problems what so ever. As for my laptop running slowly, this I can't believe - it had been running perfectly throughout the night when multi tabling and during this one particular hand - I was only playing 1 table!! As for the programs you mentioned Scotty, this couldn't have been a problem because I was using 2 laptops - one with just sky poker on it and the other one with facebook, msn etc on it.

• Options
    hawk7112hawk7112 Member Posts: 3,627
    edited February 2010
    Hi dylan
    Did this happen on normal view or mini view.
    Ive had the problem some times on main view, have then switched to mini and been able to bet, fold, or raise.

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Hi dylan Did this happen on normal view or mini view. Ive had the problem some times on main view, have then switched to mini and been able to bet, fold, or raise.
    Posted by hawk7112
    Hi Hawk

It happened to me on normal view, but very next hand worked fine!!
    If I had known would have switched to mini view grrrr lol!!
    Glad that it's happened to someone else as well - thought I was going MAD lol!!
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    I try and re raise to make a value bet on the river but it won't allow me to do this, In desperation I try to even press the call button but It just won't allow me to do it - the timer just runs down and folds my hand - This is the first time I have had a problem on this site and what a hand to get a problem with - so frustrating not being able to bet out even though I press it so many times!! Thinking it was a problem with my laptop - but it wasn't because all other programmes were working fine and 5 seconds later in a new hand everything is working fine again and I can raise no problems!! Anyone else had this problem in the past?? Nothing I can do about it now - I lost £11, but it could have been more!! Just frustrated really, make a straight flush and don't get paid :(
    Posted by dylan12
    Dylan, this looks like just one of those communication glitches that happen occasionally through the internet. somewhere between your laptop and the sky servers the connection was temporarily interrupted and your button presses weren't getting through. Very unfortunate.
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How to make a Straight Flush and not get paid!! : im not sure if you are being serious or not!!?? if the other guy had 6 7 of diamonds dylan had the 4!! surely theres no way u can lose? he had the nuts theres no way he wasnt at least calling!!! dylan if i were you id take down the hand id and go to the chat and ask for the money back as theres no way you were not going to at least call in that spot!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    He wasn't.
  • Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited February 2010
    I try and re raise to make a value bet on the river but it won't allow me to do this, In desperation I try to even press the call button but It just won't allow me to do it - the timer just runs down and folds my hand - This is the first time I have had a problem on this site and what a hand to get a problem with - so frustrating not being able to bet out even though I press it so many times!! Thinking it was a problem with my laptop - but it wasn't because all other programmes were working fine and 5 seconds later in a new hand everything is working fine again and I can raise no problems!! Anyone else had this problem in the past?? Nothing I can do about it now - I lost £11, but it could have been more!! Just frustrated really, make a straight flush and don't get paid :(
    Posted by dylan12
    only seems to happen  to me when iv got 'the nuts',or im slow playin a monster...seems strange that it doesnt happen when iv got 72os....did they say, that if u wernt showing a profit theyd reimbursue you..? if thats the case it must BE their problem,and as such they should reimburse you anyway..smells like anchovy 2 me.
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited February 2010
    it will have been a lag issue, happens from time to time in peak hours on sky.