You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

do you play poker like you live your life

pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
after playing poker for 3yrs now you start to build up a picture of how certain players play the game, ie tight passive etc. i was wondering how many players play poker the same way they lead there lives or do they play behind an alter ego. being an out going , loud (too loud sometimes) pretty carefree kinda guy i personally find this reflects in my game. is this a flaw in my game or is it how you feel most comfortable playing poker.

Comments

• Options
    torryboytorryboy Member Posts: 459
    edited February 2010
    Good thread,

Character has to show up in your game and alter ego kicks in online especially in the chat box lol.

Playing live is when your real character shows up as body language never lies
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    I'm a wallflower
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: do you play poker like you live your life:
    I'm a wallflower
    Posted by elsadog
    Dont you mean waffler lool
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: do you play poker like you live your life : Dont you mean waffler lool
    Posted by loonytoons
    Drat forgot to use the spellcheck.

There's only 2 letters different and they spell OW! You hurt me you really do.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010
    I'm a wallflower
    Posted by elsadog
    oops sorry if i pee d on you yesterday !

i myself  am a poodle,

soft to touch [ plus in the head ]

and get tangled up quiet easily in wooly matters !
  • Options
    BradnockBradnock Member Posts: 88
    edited February 2010

When playing live i would say i do take into account someones table presence be it loud/quiet/withdrawn/passed out/drunk/aggressive/friendly/angry/just lost/won a fortune on the roulette... and you can definitely make some calculated assumptions about how they may play however there are always those that are the complete opposite to there actions. Beware of the silent player.

• Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited February 2010
    unfortunately i am bi-polar and have tourettes,so some days i play like a total **** and even when i win im still ******* ****** off,other days im a happy go-lucky sort of chap and even congratulate 'donks' for their totally **** play..