You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

40 (FORTY) x £400 packages to SPT Manchester to be won - "Mission Sky Poker Tour"

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,839
edited June 2017 in Poker Chat

^^^^

The title pretty much says it all.

40 x £400 packages are up for grabs, each package comprising 1 x £220 seat & a £180 contribution to expenses. The £180 is paid into your Sky Poker Account.

Have a read up, then if you have any questions, fire away. All the gumf is HERE

Please note -  current Priority Club Members are EXCLUDED from this promo.

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,486
    edited June 2017
    I see that any winners will be playing Day 1a

Will it be possible to change that to the Saturday if required? Slightly rhetorical as I can imagine that you will want numbers to be as high as possible on the Friday
    I'm sure that many, me included, would struggle with that day due to work commitments 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: 40 (FORTY) x £400 packages to SPT Manchester to be won -:
    I see that any winners will be playing Day 1a Will it be possible to change that to the Saturday if required? Slightly rhetorical as I can imagine that you will want numbers to be as high as possible on the Friday I'm sure that many, me included, would struggle with that day due to work commitments 
    Posted by Jac35

Hi SPT Winner,

Well as you have alluded, Sky Poker specifically made these packages for Day 1a for a reason, & the T & C's are quite clear on this.

I've no idea if Sky Poker would be prepared to be flexible, but personally, I hope they draw a line & say "sorry Guys, the packages are for Day 1a (Friday) & that's the deal, & if that is not convenient, please don't enter". Rules, & T & C's exist for a reason, & if I were Sky Poker King For A Day, I'd not be prepared to move on this one. Luckily for all, I'm not..... 

If they don't, then it will all get very messy, & if they move the line for 1 player, every qualifier will want the same treatment. 

If there are severe last minute personal reasons of course, I imagine Sky Poker will, as always, try to be fair & reasonable, but of course if everyone suddenly has to attend to a personal emergency on the Friday then it's not gonna work. 

Hope you & yours are well. Good to see you back on the Forum.   
  • Options
    edited June 2017

^^^

So, in short, my preference would be "if you cannot play on Day 1a (the Friday) please do not enter Mission Sky Poker Tour".

However, I neither make nor enforce the rules round here.

• Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited June 2017
    Nice to see the SPT stuff announced. 

Should be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: 40 (FORTY) x £400 packages to SPT Manchester to be won - "Mission Sky Poker Tour":
    Nice to see the SPT stuff announced.  Should be a lot of fun.
    Posted by markycash
    Yup, will be a great few days, all being well.

Note that a "Priority Club ONLY" SPT Promo has also been announced this morning, so nobody will be able to complain now.*

* Guilty as charged to being hopelessly optimistic.

• Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,684
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: 40 (FORTY) x £400 packages to SPT Manchester to be won - "Mission Sky Poker Tour":
    In Response to Re: 40 (FORTY) x £400 packages to SPT Manchester to be won - "Mission Sky Poker Tour" : Yup, will be a great few days, all being well. Note that a "Priority Club ONLY" SPT Promo has also been announced this morning, so nobody will be able to complain now.* * Guilty as charged to being hopelessly optimistic.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    When are the free rolls for one legged Scotsmen going to be announced  :-)))
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,510
    edited June 2017
    Im a tad excited about this, I may book the Friday Monday off work , maybe baby.

Scenario. 

I play 3 mornings , getting 10 points a day, thats 30 pionts , im in the bronze free freeroll.
    In the early evenings , the same 3 days, I earn 15 points a day, see where this is going? , Im in the Silver.
    Late evening 30 points  a night.

Im in all 3 ....patently obviously ?

(I dont have a solicitor , but a friend of a friend knows one.)

Week 1 Missions | Monday 12th - Sunday 18th June
    Mission NameMission DetailsFreeroll RewardFreeroll Info
    Mission BronzeEarn 10 points daily over 3 daysBronze Freeroll | £1,000 prize pool + 2 SPT MCR packages
    Sunday 25th June at 20:00
    Mission SilverEarn 15 points daily over 4 daysSilver Freeroll | £2,000 prize pool + 3 SPT MCR packages
    Mission GoldEarn 30 points daily over 5 daysGold Freeroll | £3,000 prize pool + 5 SPT MCR packages
  • Options
    candide78candide78 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2017
    In Response to 40 (FORTY) x £400 packages to SPT Manchester to be won - "Mission Sky Poker Tour":
    ^^^^ The title pretty much says it all. 40 x £400 packages are up for grabs, each package comprising 1 x £220 seat & a £180 contribution to expenses. The £180 is paid into your Sky Poker Account. Have a read up, then if you have any questions, fire away. All the gumf is HERE Please note -  current Priority Club Members are EXCLUDED from this promo.      
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tikay,

Excited by this.  I know this is probably a silly question but, I assume this will be NL Holdem?  I'm following the WSOP at the moment and some of the other variants look really interesting.

(in fact I've just played my first game of PLO HI/LO, busted early but was a lot of fun!).

Also, I've only played live once (and amazingly won, 1/1 brag!!), would live newbies be tolerated or frowned upon?  I wouldn't want to hold the game up or break etiquette for example.
    Regards,
    Johnathan.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,743
    edited June 2017
    Good Afternoon
    'Earn 10 points daily over 3 days'
    My question is, do these days have to be consecutive or can I earn them Monday, Wednesday, Saturday?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited June 2017
    Im a tad excited about this, I may book the Friday Monday off work , maybe baby. Scenario.  I play 3 mornings , getting 10 points a day, thats 30 pionts , im in the bronze free freeroll. In the early evenings , the same 3 days, I earn 15 points a day, see where this is going? , Im in the Silver. Late evening 30 points  a night. Im in all 3 ....patently obviously ? (I dont have a solicitor , but a friend of a friend knows one.) Week 1 Missions | Monday 12th - Sunday 18th June Mission Name Mission Details Freeroll Reward Freeroll Info Mission Bronze Earn 10 points daily over 3 days Bronze Freeroll | £1,000 prize pool + 2 SPT MCR packages Sunday 25th June at 20:00 Mission Silver Earn 15 points daily over 4 days Silver Freeroll | £2,000 prize pool + 3 SPT MCR packages Mission Gold Earn 30 points daily over 5 days Gold Freeroll | £3,000 prize pool + 5 SPT MCR packages
    Posted by mumsie
    If you look in the FAQ it states

Can I qualify for more than one Freeroll?
    No, you can only play in one Freeroll per week. You will be entered into the Freeroll that corresponds with the toughest mission you managed to complete that week.

Terms and conditions
    12. Players may only play one Mission Freeroll per week. Players will be entered into the Freeroll that corresponds with the toughest mission they managed to complete that week.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: 40 (FORTY) x £400 packages to SPT Manchester to be won - "Mission Sky Poker Tour" : If you look in the FAQ it states Can I qualify for more than one Freeroll? No, you can only play in one Freeroll per week. You will be entered into the Freeroll that corresponds with the toughest mission you managed to complete that week. Terms and conditions 12. Players may only play one Mission Freeroll per week. Players will be entered into the Freeroll that corresponds with the toughest mission they managed to complete that week.
    Posted by MattBates
    Thanks Matt.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think mumsie knows that, & was just having a little sport. Always good to get the solicitor dig in, too.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to 40 (FORTY) x £400 packages to SPT Manchester to be won - "Mission Sky Poker Tour" : Hi Tikay, Excited by this.  I know this is probably a silly question but, I assume this will be NL Holdem?  I'm following the WSOP at the moment and some of the other variants look really interesting. (in fact I've just played my first game of PLO HI/LO, busted early but was a lot of fun!). Also, I've only played live once (and amazingly won, 1/1 brag!!), would live newbies be tolerated or frowned upon?  I wouldn't want to hold the game up or break etiquette for example. Regards, Johnathan.
    Posted by candide78
    Hi Johnathan,

The format will be No Limit Texas Hold Em, as that is what over 90% of the player base much prefer. If I had my way, No Limit Hold Em would be banned, & all those that played it forced to spend an evening with HAYSIE, but unforch, that's not likely to happen any time soon.

Newbies frowned upon at SPT Manchester? Absolutely not. Come see me & I'll introduce you to Mr Channing, or one of the many helpful & knowledgeable Sky Poker regulars (or HAYSIE), & ensure you get a bit of tuition as to "live poker etiquette". 

If I get time, I'll list some Live Poker Etiquette for you, unless one of the helpful regulars does it for me first.(Hint....).

Also, if you have ANY questions as to Live Poker - be it WSOP, SPT or whatever, just ask, loads of helpful folks here all keen to help.

All you gotta do now is win your seat. Can't help on that one I'm afraid.

GL bud.   
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Good Afternoon 'Earn 10 points daily over 3 days' My question is, do these days have to be consecutive or can I earn them Monday, Wednesday, Saturday?
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Morning Grandad,

I'm acutely embarrassed to say that I don't know the answer to that question, & I can't find clarification on the Landing Page.

However.....the Promo does not start until Monday, & I 100% guarantee I'll be back with the answer before then.

Apologies I can't reply at present, but I'm on the case.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Good Afternoon 'Earn 10 points daily over 3 days' My question is, do these days have to be consecutive or can I earn them Monday, Wednesday, Saturday?
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Hi Tom,

I have the answer now, which is as I expected, but I just wanted to be 100% sure first.

The days do NOT have to be consecutive. Just ANY three days in that Monday to Sunday week.

Good luck mate.

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,743
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: 40 (FORTY) x £400 packages to SPT Manchester to be won - "Mission Sky Poker Tour" : Hi Tom, I have the answer now, which is as I expected, but I just wanted to be 100% sure first. The days do NOT have to be consecutive. Just ANY three days in that Monday to Sunday week. Good luck mate.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you for the clarification, that's splendid., Luck :) I have my fair share of that. Hopefully a little left.
  • Options
    candide78candide78 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: 40 (FORTY) x £400 packages to SPT Manchester to be won - "Mission Sky Poker Tour" : Hi Johnathan, The format will be No Limit Texas Hold Em, as that is what over 90% of the player base much prefer. If I had my way, No Limit Hold Em would be banned, & all those that played it forced to spend an evening with HAYSIE, but unforch, that's not likely to happen any time soon.   Newbies frowned upon at SPT Manchester? Absolutely not. Come see me & I'll introduce you to Mr Channing, or one of the many helpful & knowledgeable Sky Poker regulars (or HAYSIE), & ensure you get a bit of tuition as to "live poker etiquette".  If I get time, I'll list some Live Poker Etiquette for you, unless one of the helpful regulars does it for me first.(Hint....).   Also, if you have ANY questions as to Live Poker - be it WSOP, SPT or whatever, just ask, loads of helpful folks here all keen to help.   All you gotta do now is win your seat. Can't help on that one I'm afraid.   GL bud.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's great, thanks Tikay.
    J.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited June 2017
    Sky Poker specifically made these packages for Day 1a for a reason, & the T & C's are quite clear on this. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Always going to be harder for Sky to fill 1a than 1b. Given the accommodation is covered in the package and it's probably far enough in advance for people to take a day off work or whatever, seems reasonable. I'd rather play 1b, but it's not a big deal.

Are Day 1a players allowed to re-enter on Day 1b?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: 40 (FORTY) x £400 packages to SPT Manchester to be won - : Always going to be harder for Sky to fill 1a than 1b. Given the accommodation is covered in the package and it's probably far enough in advance for people to take a day off work or whatever, seems reasonable. I'd rather play 1b, but it's not a big deal. Are Day 1a players allowed to re-enter on Day 1b?
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Exactly that.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: 40 (FORTY) x £400 packages to SPT Manchester to be won - : Always going to be harder for Sky to fill 1a than 1b. Given the accommodation is covered in the package and it's probably far enough in advance for people to take a day off work or whatever, seems reasonable. I'd rather play 1b, but it's not a big deal. Are Day 1a players allowed to re-enter on Day 1b?
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Yes - but only if they bust first......

I understand Mr Channing has booked his full quota. Very wise, imo.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,486
    edited June 2017
    Posted by EvilPingu
    I think we must have a different employer Andy!