You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

writing notes on players

MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
edited June 2017 in Chat with Channing
hi 
any tips on writing notes on players? i came accross 1 i must of wrote years ago today which only said complete novice dont bluff lol, the player is a decent player and note is complete pants.

Comments

• Options
    fi33erfi33er Member Posts: 164
    edited June 2017
    hi mickey, I always write the stake level I'm playing them at. I use a colour for how tight /lose they are and then write notes on how they played their hand that was of interest, their position and their stack size.  If they were playing against a weak player I note that incase they were making a move based on their notes of the fish.  If I see them repeat the play I note that they have repeated it.
    I've been waiting over a week for a reply from Mr C, dont hold your breath! I make a living out of holding mine and I am running short of air now....
    good luck mate
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited June 2017
    thanks mate

my note taking is rubbish to say the least. i do have a decent memory tho and have some decentt reads on my heads up opponents but im rubbish at writing my thoughts down which is a big issue. 

dont enjoy cash so this is more for torns 

gl to you 
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    edited June 2017

Hi Mickey,

I used to be a massive note-taker. I found the problem that you described though...people change and don't do what you expect because they are all developing in poker at different rates. I tend to think, these days, that I would rather come to the table and try and see how people are playing this time and not have preconceived ideas about what they might do.

I think with the bigger games on Sky the community is reasonably small and you tend to remember people so I have a lot of "notes in my head".

nc
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    edited June 2017

Sorry you had to wait Fi33er. I pop in every now and then to Chat with Channing and answer two or three. I make a point of never immediately answering a question as I think it's better that other people chip in with a view point and get a discussion going and if I say what I think straight away it might be seen to be the "correct" answer and it might stop anyone else joining in.

I'm a little worried that your answer may be a little passive aggressive though. That's not a nice thing for someone to have to experience and it doesn't encourage me to chat really.