You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Orf With His Head!

RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

I'm stationed on the site tonight, chancing my arm at the 8pm Doublestack- my favourite tournament right now on Sky Poker- and generally trying to make some money on the 10p/20p tables.

Finished about £20 up a fortnight ago, then £20 down last week.

So, basing my estimation on a possible pattern in those last two figures, I predict that I should turn a £20 profit this evening. Yes, yes, I know- highly scientific...

Look forward to seeing you later on the tables. And I hope you enjoy whatever you enter tonight.

Hmm, that last sentence might benefit from some re-phrasing on grounds of decency...

Comments

• Options
    sim75sim75 Member Posts: 282
    edited February 2010
    hi rich just wanted to say hi and bye really ive enjoyed my time on this site but you can prob seem my disscussions on here today ive just trowen in the towel so one day i hope to be back on here playing u and tikay (ps say hi from me will u to tikay and lisa)
    so bye for now
    simone
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,075
    edited February 2010

Want a Double-or Nothing Last Longer prop bet in tonight's DoubleStack jobbie Rich?

If so, tell me what you fancy, propose to me, so to speak.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited February 2010
    Hi Rich

I will, at some stage come and an... torme.... rail you ;), good luck m8
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Orf With His Head!:
    hi rich just wanted to say hi and bye really ive enjoyed my time on this site but you can prob seem my disscussions on here today ive just trowen in the towel so one day i hope to be back on here playing u and tikay (ps say hi from me will u to tikay and lisa) so bye for now simone
    Posted by sim75

Thanks Simone, shame to see you go but I understand you'ver had a bad run at the tabes. Definitely take a break though and then hopefully you'll come back fired up as ever and the cards will fall your way too )

It happens to everyone- I followed up a sequence of 13 cashes in a row in Double Your Money SNGs to a similarly long losing sequence. And I hadn't changed a single thing about the way I played them!

So chin up! And hope to see you back soon!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Want a Double-or Nothing Last Longer prop bet in tonight's DoubleStack jobbie Rich? If so, tell me what you fancy, propose to me, so to speak.
    Posted by Tikay10

Simple bet.

If you lose, then on Saturday night's show in the opening chat you have to announce to the viewers without a hint of irony, that Richard Orford is a better poker player than you.

And similarly, if I lose...oh, what's the point in spelling that out? It's not going to happen anyway.

Deal?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hi Rich I will, at some stage come and an... torme.... rail you ;), good luck m8
    Posted by acebarry10
    Some might say that watching me play poker is a form of torment Barry, so you're a brave man. See you later...

;)
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited February 2010
    I'll try and get a seat Rich, so I can tear you up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Orf With His Head! : Some might say that watching me play poker is a form of torment Barry, so you're a brave man. See you later... ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Lol, Im tormenting myself enough at the moment ;), whats happened to FV? :(
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Orf With His Head!:
    Hi all, I'm stationed on the site tonight, chancing my arm at the 8pm Doublestack- my favourite tournament right now on Sky Poker- and generally trying to make some money on the 10p/20p tables. Finished about £20 up a fortnight ago, then £20 down last week. So, basing my estimation on a possible pattern in those last two figures, I predict that I should turn a £20 profit this evening. Yes, yes, I know- highly scientific... Look forward to seeing you later on the tables. And I hope you enjoy whatever you enter tonight. Hmm, that last sentence might benefit from some re-phrasing on grounds of decency...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Based on an estimation of "Averages" I'm sorry to tell you that means you will only break even this week - that's if your lucky and I don't join the table lol.

I will see if I can pop on Rich in-between the mountain of deepies i'm playing Tonight. GL m8
  • Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited February 2010
    That's it Rich I'm there.... action station Chirpy!

Gotta have the heart to call the 3rd bullet lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ready and waiting for all-comers on Table Timperley 10p/20p.

Type RICHORFORD into 'Find A Player' (or should that be 'Find A Payer' in this case?) and say hello or, better still, play!

• Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Orf With His Head!:
    Finished about £20 up a fortnight ago, then £20 down last week. So, basing my estimation on a possible pattern in those last two figures, I predict that I should turn a £20 profit this evening.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Using my knowledge of trend analysis, i.e. none, you should end £60 down tonight?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wel, Machka- so far, so bad, for your prediction ;)

The end of my first hour on the 10p/20p table has seen a ROI of 28%!

£5.57 up as I head into the 8pm Doubelstack to try and last longer than Tikay!
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited February 2010
    Hey, it's no prediction, I'm just following the numbers, 20, -20, -60, the numbers don't lie!
  • Options
    Bza3swordsBza3swords Member Posts: 91
    edited February 2010
    Your stil in the double stack...Well played!
  • Options
    Bza3swordsBza3swords Member Posts: 91
    edited February 2010
    and Tikay is out.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ty Bza.

Yes, glad tidings reach me that of a 387 runner field, Tikay finished in the classic darts position...

ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHHHHHHTYYYYYY!!!!!

I'm still in- but it's been a desperate battle of survival rather than a gentle cruise so far.

Currently 100th/137
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tikay,

Hope you're busy preparing your speech for Saturday night's show...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And so is Rich, unluckily
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,075
    edited February 2010
    Tikay, Hope you're busy preparing your speech for Saturday night's show...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I've been rehearsing the words, but it's not easy.