You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Has the cash in football gone too far to what?

craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
edited September 2017 in The Football Corner
Neymar is set to become the biggest paid trransfer so far at a price of £198 which is twice the size of the second biggest transfer which was done last season when paul pogba transferred to Manchester united. His weekly wage is set to also break the record books as well because he's set to early £775,477 a week which is over  £150,000 bigger that what Tevez himself earlys weekly over in china.

How long will it be before a player gets a wage of £1mil+ a week and how much longer will it take for a player transfer fee of £1bil+

Comments

• Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited August 2017
    barmy shoulda been a wage cap years ago
  • Options
    MrWh1teMrWh1te Member Posts: 963
    edited August 2017
    I will be in the minority, judging by the ridiculous stuff I have read on facebook (people saying it should find the nhs instead).

For the Qatari's...
    This money is just interest on the billions they earn.  It would just sit in the bank.  They will get a lot of it back in advertising/shirt sales etc etc alone.  And it is a big status thing for them.  IMO no-one has a right to tell them how to spend their money.

For Spain...
    They get a big injection of money (lots of football in Spain is government anyway, not sure how they get away with it tbh).  That will then be spent on other players, filtering through, with money going on tax etc, benefitting Spain.

For France...
    They tax at approx. 45%.  That means, Neymar is paying 500k a week (26 million a year) in tax, which will go straight into the public coffers.  From one player.  From another country.
    Things like shirt sales, will increase.  Tax is paid on these.  Not to mention the money created for the people who produce the shirts. Then their is all the other stuff that comes with it, merchandise wise, and a whole lot more I haven't thought of.
    Neymar will buy property, cars and a whole load of other stuff, again all taxed and making money for France.  This is a great deal for France.

I don't see a downside.  'Nurses get paid so little' is frankly a terrible argument, because that money was never destined for nurses. 
    A great deal for all concerned imo...