You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Folded to you in the CO with 57o and 41k @ 3000/6000 (600 ante) WWYD?

markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
edited December 2021 in Strategy
I suspect I may take some flack for this one although maybe I can find a couple of you who don't think it is 'that awful' lol.

46 left, 36 get paid and my stack has been bouncing up and down between 22k-97k. I had been very active and 3 bet shoving a lot in favoured spots but I now have the shove or fold stack.

zMongoose who I had been playing with on day 1 had just joined the table with a big stack and and I had found it difficult to get involved the last 2 orbits and blinds were pinching to say the least.

This is the first pot in a while that it folds around to me in late position. Sky Sam is in the BB with around 85k, the BTN has around 60k and the SB probably around 180k+. With 14.4k in the middle I instashove as it must be pretty close to being +EV to shove 'almost any 2' from here. Does 57o quite cut it though?

I have an M of 3 so time is of the essence.

I don't really care about the result just curious how many are shoving here. If the BTN and BB have deeper stacks then I would have folded but I felt I had some degree of fold equity on them (even this shallow) given the dynamics and this is what swung it for me.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    I should probably say incase anyone doesn't realise where the hand is from. It is from the SPT at the weekend, £220 buy in.

I certainly didn't beat myself up over this or any hand and enjoyed the tourney. I was just curious how wide people are shoving here. There is roughly a 1 in 5 chance I run into a pocket pair, apart from that I should be live and will not need many folds in these situations to make the jam +EV.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,029
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: Folded to you in the CO with 57o and 41k @ 3000/6000 (600 ante) WWYD?:
    I should probably say incase anyone doesn't realise where the hand is from. It is from the SPT at the weekend, £220 buy in. I certainly didn't beat myself up over this or any hand and enjoyed the tourney. I was just curious how wide people are shoving here. There is roughly a 1 in 5 chance I run into a pocket pair, apart from that I should be live and will not need many folds in these situations to make the jam +EV.
    Posted by markycash
    Shoving wide-but not THAT wide unless SB/BB aren't defending their blinds. Prob Q8-plus ie better than average hand...2 overs are still beating you a lot of the time ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: Folded to you in the CO with 57o and 41k @ 3000/6000 (600 ante) WWYD?:
    In Response to Re: Folded to you in the CO with 57o and 41k @ 3000/6000 (600 ante) WWYD? : Shoving wide-but not THAT wide unless SB/BB aren't defending their blinds. Prob Q8-plus ie better than average hand...2 overs are still beating you a lot of the time ;)
    Posted by Essexphil
    But I had a low drawing hand? ;-)
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited August 2017
    Trivial fold in a vacuum unless you know those ahead of you are super nitting it up to cash.

Fwiw, I'm sure you're aware this is insta muck nash wise.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Trivial fold in a vacuum unless you know those ahead of you are super nitting it up to cash. Fwiw, I'm sure you're aware this is insta muck nash wise.
    Posted by kapowblamz
    Yeah it was my lightest shove in the tourney by quite some distance :)
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,153
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: Folded to you in the CO with 57o and 41k @ 3000/6000 (600 ante) WWYD? : Yeah it was my lightest shove in the tourney by quite some distance :)
    Posted by markycash
    call. :-)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,667
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: Folded to you in the CO with 57o and 41k @ 3000/6000 (600 ante) WWYD? : Yeah it was my lightest shove in the tourney by quite some distance :)
    Posted by markycash
    If Hendo had not got in first, I was gonna call you out for that. ;)

"Lightest shove", my ****...... 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Trivial fold in a vacuum unless you know those ahead of you are super nitting it up to cash. Fwiw, I'm sure you're aware this is insta muck nash wise.
    Posted by kapowblamz
    16 months since you last posted Kapow - post more please. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Tough crowd this lot...
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: Folded to you in the CO with 57o and 41k @ 3000/6000 (600 ante) WWYD? : 16 months since you last posted Kapow - post more please. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Moved all my play to Sky so will try and post more.

The idea of someone knowing how many times I picked my nose while check raising river has made me quit the big sites.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: Folded to you in the CO with 57o and 41k @ 3000/6000 (600 ante) WWYD? : Moved all my play to Sky so will try and post more. The idea of someone knowing how many times I picked my nose while check raising river has made me quit the big sites.
    Posted by kapowblamz

Ha, don't start me off. It's not poker, is it? You can't sit at a table in the WSOP with a suite of third party software.

If you go to the 'Stars list of "Acceptable Third Party Software" there are 87 (EIGHTY SEVEN) different software programmes which Poker stars permit.

Anyway, you've made me grumpy now, & it's only 0745. ;)

Enjoy your play here Mr Kapow.

PS - We are keen to get more folks commenting on, or Posting, hand analysis stuff.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I was reading about software called Hand Caddy or something like that. A player called Assassinato had helped develop it. He could tell how often you checked or bet on K high dry boards and absurd things like that. He knew every literally every single intricacy to everyone's game.

It made me feel a sense of impending doom whenever i played from then on. 

How can you ever beat players like that? It will be the death of the game.

Definitely not poker.