You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Did I hear correctly what Tikay said last night?

BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
edited July 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour
...that no player had ever made the money more than 4 consecutive times in the WSOP main event? With up to 700 getting paid, this is startling. Even our own Will Brewin has done it twice now.

I'm amazed that none of the Hellmuth's, Ivey's, Chan's, Cloutier's of this world have done it. Maybe even the superstars aren't good enough to overcome the luck factor either.

Comments

• Options
    IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Did I hear correctly what Tikay said last night?:
    ...that no player had ever made the money more than 4 consecutive times in the WSOP main event? With up to 700 getting paid, this is startling. Even our own Will Brewin has done it twice now. I'm amazed that none of the Hellmuth's, Ivey's, Chan's, Cloutier's of this world have done it. Maybe even the superstars aren't good enough to overcome the luck factor either.
    Posted by BigBluster
    You did hear it but Tikay was going to check, what wasn`t mentioned is that Kara Scott has played 3 events and cashed in all (2 main and 1 $1500)
    Do not know if this is a record for a female or if Nick Wealthall has a percentage of her.

Gary
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited July 2009

Yes, you heard correctly, & for once, I was correct.

According to Harrah's, who own the WSOP.......

MOST CONSECUTIVE CASHES IN MAIN EVENT:

4 – by three players

Theodore Park (2005 – 2008) *did not cash this year

Bo Sehlstedt (2004 – 2007)

Robert Turner (1991 – 1994) 

To the best of my knowledge, no Female player - except Kara - has ever Cashed in consecutive WSOP Main Events.

As to whether Nick has an interest in Kara, it's for Kara or Nick to answer that, it'd be rude of me to comment. ;)
  • Options
    Carter_ukCarter_uk Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2009

im sure knowing that fact everyboy is already eagerly awaiting Will's next WSOP outing, with a chance to join in on the records and everything (too much pressure?) :)

• Options
    bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited July 2009
    Wonder what odds Skybet would put on Will cashing again next year?