You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Turbo HU sng's...

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

Any chance of offering a turbo HU sng game which is best of 5?

The variance is so high, it ends up being like 3-2, 5-3, 7-6 in regular games.

The turbo structure is obviously designed to attract the thrill seekers, and players who like to get on with it.....

But in the end its very hard to make money as alot of the games are shared, where-as over 5 games, theres more room for the skill to come through, and also, if it gets to 2-2, the thrill will be even bigger?

So increase the buy in and rake by 5, so a £5 turbo game will now cost £26.25 to enter, winner takes £50....

Ive just been crucshed by the same guy 5 times, everytime he came back from the dead when it became a shove fest, won the 6th game, and he declines the re-match! So frustrating.

What ya reckon bosses?

DOHH

Comments

• Options
    loza666loza666 Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Turbo HU sng's...:
    Any chance of offering a turbo HU sng game which is best of 5? The variance is so high, it ends up being like 3-2, 5-3, 7-6 in regular games. The turbo structure is obviously designed to attract the thrill seekers, and players who like to get on with it..... But in the end its very hard to make money as alot of the games are shared, where-as over 5 games, theres more room for the skill to come through, and also, if it gets to 2-2, the thrill will be even bigger? So increase the buy in and rake by 5, so a £5 turbo game will now cost £26.25 to enter, winner takes £50.... Ive just been crucshed by the same guy 5 times, everytime he came back from the dead when it became a shove fest, won the 6th game, and he declines the re-match! So frustrating. What ya reckon bosses? DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    nice to see you making ur own version of my challenge Mr.Dohhh, gl to u, hope u get more customers than i have, only had 1 so far :(, but how about we recommend people to each others, we got a deal ;)??
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Lol if I was even a decent NL8 Omaha player I would take you on!

But my omaha is so so poor....Woud be like a hammer thrower entering an athletics tournament which consists of Hamer and a 100m sprint.

Sublime to the ridiculous! - Yes my HU poker is sublime!!! lol ;)

Dnt u think its better than the rematch facility where you get 2 good players and more often than not it ends around even?

DOHH
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Little nudge.....

Iknow not many people chose to play fast paced heads up, maybe more would if this sort of game was available? would be great fun too!?

Pllzzzzz Introduce it! 

DOHH
  • Options
    loza666loza666 Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2010
    yeh its a good idea, but i think that its not so popular, as it seems to be more luck than skill in the latter part of the sng, like once i hung on with like 300chips, just won everyhand at high blinds lool, thats why i think regular pace is better, and as ur a very skilled player i think that would be best for u tbh! but, maybe more people will take ur challenge on the basis that it is fast paced and think they may stand a chance!! lol
  • Options
    Nutter5932Nutter5932 Member Posts: 349
    edited February 2010
    Dohhhh you may be a fan of the fast paced SNGs but believe me when I say just stay away from these turbos.
    They are ridic hard to beat for a good long term ROI% no matter how good you are. The variance in these things are not worth the hassle.

If you wanna improve your HU game stick to the 10 min blinds and HU cash where you can actaully outplay someone :)