You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Satelite Strategy - What Would you do?

LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
edited December 2021 in Strategy
xSmall blind 400.00400.004980.00LARSON7Big blind 800.001200.007337.50 Your hole cardsA10   xAll-in 8482.509682.500.00xFold    LARSON7

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
    2 seats, 3rd place gets a small cash. Blinds 400/800

Ace 10hh in the bb with about 10bb at start of the hand, Sb has folded with 4980 behind.

Button has us covered just.
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited October 2017
    Fold. 

I had an incidient like this in the SPT manchester semi when I called a short stack with A10 and went on to lose the hand and went on to bust myself

You might well be ahead of his hand preflop but when their is a shorter stack at the table  the risk heavily outweighs the reward. 

I don't even consider calling AKs in this spot, AA could be called and maybe KK but even those will  be decided depending on how often he's actually stealing the blind, If it's a occassional steal the you should fold everything, If he is doing it on a consistant basis then doing a call with AA or KK is ok but anything else should be folded no matter what because your chipstack is still bigger than the shortest one, you could resteal a BB yourself going AI OTB and most importantly you can win top prize in sats with just 1 chip.
  • Options
    KerrnalKerrnal Member Posts: 132
    edited October 2017
    In Response to Re: Satelite Strategy - What Would you do:
    2 seats, 3rd place gets a small cash. Blinds 400/800 Ace 10hh in the bb with about 10bb at start of the hand, Sb has folded with 4980 behind. Button has us covered just.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Hi Larson. Personally for me I would rather be shoving with A10 rather than calling. Obviously you are in the specific spot of calling in this instance. I think at best it is a flip, but I would also consider how aggressive they have been  throughout.
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    edited October 2017
    if there is only 3 left i would dissagree and call you might go for the rest of the game hand dead at least if you go now you went out swinging (but then again my game has been terrible last three months )sorry just reread post thought you were last in chips now it looks like a fold
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Hey, I ageee with everyone it is a fold. 

It's really interesting what we should be calling and also what button should be jamming. 

• Options
    KerrnalKerrnal Member Posts: 132
    edited October 2017
    In Response to Re: Satelite Strategy - What Would you do?:
    Hey, I ageee with everyone it is a fold.  It's really interesting what we should be calling and also what button should be jamming. 
    Posted by LARSON7
    Position is power
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited October 2017
    Think I'm calling TT+ v ATC jam given stacks. I probably still call AK in game because it's too pretty although I suspect I'm not supposed to if I did the maths.

BTN should theoretically jam ATC while 2 blinds fold tons, although in reality people tend not to fold as wide as they should, so people can't just jam ATC as a default from the button and be correct.

Unless either blind is a hideous station who is just gonna snap any 2 broadways or like A5o or something, then I'm probs still jamming pretty wide, probs anything that is suited and not 93s/82s/53s type junk, anything remotely connected or anything King high or better.
  • Options
    CATCH-22CATCH-22 Member Posts: 270
    edited October 2017
    IF IM SEEIN STACK SIZES RIGHT ( HAD A FEW ) ITS A FOLD