You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Free Roll Tonight

midge8080midge8080 Member Posts: 32
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Managed a top 40 placing which obviously I'm quite pleased with, even more so as my stack never got above 15k throughout, as I've eluded to in my games I'm very defensive and probably wouldn't win many tournaments like it, but as luck and me dont mix very well I find it hard to play any other way.

Hopefully Tikay if you read this, how would you or any other good player go about winning a free roll with 850+ players?

Of course 40th in a Primo/Open tournament and I may end up cashing, I'm working towards entering one soom

Comments

• Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited February 2010
    Play position and good cards strongly as u will get called lightly in freerolls.  Once the blinds get high, u need to stop calling and either raise or fold so ur opponents dont get easy decisions.  

Well done so far.... :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Free Roll Tonight:
    Play position and good cards strongly as u will get called lightly in freerolls.  Once the blinds get high, u need to stop calling and either raise or fold so ur opponents dont get easy decisions.   Well done so far.... :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Cheers Phil thanks, incidently I played a bit above my league last night in a £10 Sng and although I only finished fourth really enjoyed the fact that I was actually up against 6 poker players(good ones) and was able to learn a fair bit in just 30 minutes play, I nearlly cashed but my K9 suited was ousted by an A6 off suit.

What it did highlight was that any mistake I made(Ifelt I made 3) was punished and you could almost read who the winners were going to be.

Anyway onwards and upwards
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Free Roll Tonight:
    hi midge ,havnt seen u for a while ^ _ ^ ,welldone on ur finish in the freeroll ,u metion that ur very defensive,does this mean u defend ur blinds in the later stages of a tourny?...........doing so when the blinds r so big ,can get u into a lot of trouble with regaurds to ur stack ,its not a happy feeling folding ur big blind when the blinds r 4000 8000 but it was ur turn to pay, and u need 2 forget that ,forget about the blind and just play ur cards  ............tighten up in latter stages also,drawing hands have been and gone ,fold those suited connectors,and b aggressive with ur big aces ,and premium hands ....................goodluck luck on the tables midge ,hopefully bump into somewhere  ^ _ ^  ten
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    Hi Ten great to see you again, yeah I been back this week trying my hand as a pro poker player(LOL) Yes this I think is a major downfall of mine, I'm so worried about being eliminated that it seems to get in the way of my judgement, I think poker is very difficult to master and obv would take more work from me to do so, anyway great to be back and playing again and as I say I'm probably going to enter the big tournaments in a while if nothing else to learn from better players.