You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Improved security

BrownnDogBrownnDog Member Posts: 729
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
A lot of poker players on here have to keep a lot of money in their poker accounts for various reasons. As such I was wondering whether the "pin" is a secure enough method of protecting our accounts from fraudulent activity. I would prefer to see a password with the capability of using various characters i.e letters, numbers and 'special' characters. Also, perhaps, we could have the ability to change our 'user ID'. 

Is this something Sky is thinking about when it is upgrading the site and creating software?

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited March 2010
    Hi Browndog,

you can be sure that we take security very seriously at Sky Betting and Gaming. We have a dedicated fraud team whose sole job it is to follow up all cases of fraudulent behaviour and be pro-active wherever possible.

As for using passwords instead of PINs - Yes, this is something that is in the pipeline. I can't be too specific on dates as i believe it has a relatively low business priority but you can be sure that this is something that will be introduced at a later date.

thanks,

Rich
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Improved security:
    A lot of poker players on here have to keep a lot of money in their poker accounts for various reasons. As such I was wondering whether the "pin" is a secure enough method of protecting our accounts from fraudulent activity. I would prefer to see a password with the capability of using various characters i.e letters, numbers and 'special' characters. Also, perhaps, we could have the ability to change our 'user ID'.  Is this something Sky is thinking about when it is upgrading the site and creating software?
    Posted by BrownnDog

I spoke to Sky Des/Tikay et al about this a few months ago.

if you haven't already contact them and ask them to change your login name away from the name that is viewable at the tables. 

When I mentioned the weakness of a 4 digit pin, they said that it auto locks you out after a few (maybe 3 mis entered pins) and that they constantly monitor attempts and failures and where they come from.

Also with the ease and speed of depositing/withdrawing it's not hard to manage your monies on move it about as and when you need.

However, I still totally agree with you. A password and a pin would be ok. I would also like the option to be able to request an RSA security token to have with you in person when you log in similar to those that you can get on other nameless poker and banking and payment sites.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Improved security:
    In Response to Improved security : I spoke to Sky Des/Tikay et al about this a few months ago. if you haven't already contact them and ask them to change your login name away from the name that is viewable at the tables.  When I mentioned the weakness of a 4 digit pin, they said that it auto locks you out after a few (maybe 3 mis entered pins)and that they constantly monitor attempts and failures and where they come from. Also with the ease and speed of depositing/withdrawing it's not hard to manage your monies on move it about as and when you need. However, I still totally agree with you. A password and a pin would be ok. I would also like the option to be able to request an RSA security token to have with you in person when you log in similar to those that you can get on other nameless poker and banking and payment sites.
    Posted by beaneh

yep lock out kicks in when above happens !