You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Table for one!!

stooge444stooge444 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
I am new to poker(6 months or so).
i chose sky poker after watching online,good site,nice people but -
I am finding it harder and harder to find room at the tables.

I like to play low stakes cash - i play for fun and do not have a large bankroll to play with or to lose.
For these reasons i stick to low stakes,it suits my current skill level and bankroll but the tables are always full in the evenings when is when i can play and even more annoying is that there are many people multi tabling on low stakes.
Why not go up a couple of levels if they can afford to play 5 or 6 tables at once?
Just wondered if anyone else agreed and if sky should open up more tables to meet demand ?

Comments

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited March 2010
    Good post and welcome to SkyPoker.
    Several other people have raised the issue of being unable to get a seat on lower stakes cash tables.
    I don't recall seeing a positive response from SkyPoker yet.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Table for one!!:
    I am new to poker(6 months or so). i chose sky poker after watching online,good site,nice people but - I am finding it harder and harder to find room at the tables. I like to play low stakes cash - i play for fun and do not have a large bankroll to play with or to lose. For these reasons i stick to low stakes,it suits my current skill level and bankroll but the tables are always full in the evenings when is when i can play and even more annoying is that there are many people multi tabling on low stakes. Why not go up a couple of levels if they can afford to play 5 or 6 tables at once? Just wondered if anyone else agreed and if sky should open up more tables to meet demand ?
    Posted by stooge444
    If you want to know a little trick of mine, and your not fussy about which table your on, go on the waiting list for several and when the 1st one lets you sit, just refuse all the others, i bet you will only be waiting 10 mins at the most, thats why you see players waiting at maybe 10 tables!!!! if you are chasing single tables you could be there for ages as you say
  • Options
    ONTHERlVERONTHERlVER Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2010
    I think its time introduced a quick link autoseat... just type in your blind level and ammount and it seats you
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited March 2010
    its ridic--when the tables are all full, they should open a new one, tech team can't seem to get their heads around it--say no more!
  • Options
    SDodgerSDodger Member Posts: 141
    edited March 2010
    Was gonna thread this the other day, been here since Nov09, and its def got more busy at lower levels, dont no why more tables dont open up, thought they spawned new ones when full as i saw this response to another thread.??  We DO need more lower level tables.

I do this Also Loony, but find it annoying when a table/s open over existing table/s, they seem to take forever to open fully while not letting me move or minimise them, meaning i miss a hand/s when im in one on the table im playing on.

Basically...More players...More tables...Quicker opening/loading times...
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited March 2010
    The other day i counted 33 players waiting to be seated at the lowest staked tables, thats over 5 more tables, i think they forget that its only 6 seater here and 10 seater everywhere else, also the rake is low at these tables so maybe its not worth their while and they want them over subscribed so players are forced onto the higher rake tables, but in my opinion it will drive players away in the long run. The last few months have seen at least a doubling of players and they dont seem to be accommodating them, i think they forget that the majority of players play for fun and low stakes when on cash, it must be so simple, when all the tables are full, open another one, they must be losing a small fortune when 33 players are sitting around waiting for a seat?
  • Options
    stooge444stooge444 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    At least i know its not just me.
    I have opened a ladbrooks account tonight and had no problems getting seated.

I like sky but i just want to play poker - i hope someone sorts it out.
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited March 2010
    hi guys,

i have forwarded threads on this very subject over to the poker team before.

(as yet) there has been no action taken but if the idea gains enough support i'm sure notice will be taken.

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Table for one!!:
    hi guys, i have forwarded threads on this very subject over to the poker team before. (as yet) there has been no action taken but if the idea gains enough support i'm sure notice will be taken.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Can you put a number on how many people need to show support?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i'm not sure there is an exact number just a good sizable chunk. as always i'll pass this over to Sky Bernie and if there is enough noise i'm sure he'll listen.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [thread forwarded]
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited March 2010
    sky bernie is the top dog, i wasnt wrong in my video hahahahaha
  • Options
    -Typhoon--Typhoon- Member Posts: 288
    edited March 2010
    At least i know its not just me. I have opened a ladbrooks account tonight and had no problems getting seated. I like sky but i just want to play poker - i hope someone sorts it out.
    Posted by stooge444
    I started on ladbkes, stayed until the merged with the cast from IKEA , or norbet, very difficult to play the low stakes and come out on top. Found SKY to be much better, apart form not being a downloadable format.
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited March 2010
    i'm not sure there is an exact number just a good sizable chunk. as always i'll pass this over to Sky Bernie and if there is enough noise i'm sure he'll listen.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    can you add me to the list of people as i dont bother playing low stakes cash for the same reason that the tables are always full!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    just a quick note guys - Sky Bernie has dropped 20 more 4p/8p seats in the lobby.

thanks guys
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited March 2010

try get too the topman on other pokersites that quick lol ,

skypoker has it faults ,

but this is one of skypoker site   bonuses ,

when you can send a message pony express to the topman  ,

and get a result pronto !

p.s  well rich does look ponyish lol !

rover and really trying hard to be nice !
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited March 2010
    its the 2p-4p tables that are packed rich
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
       try get too the topman on other pokersites that quick lol ,    skypoker has it faults ,      but this is one of skypoker site   bonuses ,    when you can send a message pony express to the topman  ,    and get a result pronto !   p.s  well rich does look ponyish lol !   rover and really trying hard to be nice !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Have to agree with this,

For all of it's faults and there are a few - Yu just couldn't get an e-mail to tilt or stars and get something done like that. You would be waiting 24hrs for an automated response to be delivered and then 6 months for an e-mail that says thank you for expressing your opion, we try our best to keep all customers happy etc etc etc with absolutly nothing being done

NO OTHER SITE will give you service like this, even if the live chat is not that well informed you can always post on here and get a response thats been researched

God bless Sky rich & Sky Des lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No problem guys.

don't forget Sky Bernie, Adam, Rich M and Jack.

Those guys work tirelessly in the background and definitely deserve some credit too.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
    No problem guys. don't forget Sky Bernie, Adam, Rich M and Jack. Those guys work tirelessly in the background and definitely deserve some credit too.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    +1 apologies fro any ommisions on my behalf :)