You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Web browsers

elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
I know a lot of players have problems with lag or poor connections from time to time. There are a number of alternative web browsers available, so I thought I'd list them for those that aren't aware. Some of the lesser known browsers are much simplified forms of the better known such as IE and Chrome, and are therefore less of a strain on the pc when gaming. I will give just the names and you can google them amd download. If I give out url's I might get red carded.

Avant Browser - very small, very simple and very quick.

Opera - Very powerful and easy to use.

K-Meleon - extremely fast lightweight browser.

All these should cause fewer connection and speed problems. I am on Avant now and it is lightning quick even when multi-tabling.

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,648
    edited March 2010
    i,ve got one in the corner of me ceiling that i keep browsing at and wondering wheather to get the hoover out and hoover it up,with the nozzle of cause but and this is a big but i dont want to upset the spider see cuz we get on quite well
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Web browsers:
    I know a lot of players have problems with lag or poor connections from time to time. There are a number of alternative web browsers available, so I thought I'd list them for those that aren't aware. Some of the lesser known browsers are much simplified forms of the better known such as IE and Chrome, and are therefore less of a strain on the pc when gaming. I will give just the names and you can google them amd download. If I give out url's I might get red carded. Avant Browser - very small, very simple and very quick. Opera - Very powerful and easy to use. K-Meleon - extremely fast lightweight browser. All these should cause fewer connection and speed problems. I am on Avant now and it is lightning quick even when multi-tabling.
    Posted by elsadog

elo m8   .. Theres  been  a story today  about web-browers on the news  ..  something about most of them  being a part of the 'I Ex'  group .?  Not sure of the facts though perhaps goodle latest news about it..
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited March 2010
    You might have issues with those browsers not being supported.

I've tried all the major ones and found them to work in this order (good - least good)

chrome, safari, firefox, IE

I used to use opera and know that to be lightening fast. 

it will also have to do with your computer setup aswell, I just managed to get 15 tables open in Chrome and the only slow down came when each table after about no10 had to phyiscally pop up and open. Once they were open there was no slowdown and they all played fine.

Think it's a case of try it and see for everyone, and don't try and do more than your system can handle or you might have issues which you really don't want if you are putting money on the line.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Web browsers:
    You might have issues with those browsers not being supported. I've tried all the major ones and found them to work in this order (good - least good) chrome, safari, firefox, IE I used to use opera and know that to be lightening fast.  it will also have to do with your computer setup aswell, I just managed to get 15 tables open in Chrome and the only slow down came when each table after about no10 had to phyiscally pop up and open. Once they were open there was no slowdown and they all played fine. Think it's a case of try it and see for everyone, and don't try and do more than your system can handle or you might have issues which you really don't want if you are putting money on the line.
    Posted by beaneh
    Your right it's a matter of try it and see, dependent upon your set-up. I'm not pushing any of these, it's just that a lot of folk have tried the main 4 and still have problems and I thought it might be helpful.

• Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited March 2010
    If anyone is having problems, my posts on Webbie's thread called "problems again with sky poker", should help--thanks